|

How to assign devices to students

WendyWendy Posts: 208 admin
edited March 2016 in Accessories
There are a few different ways to distinguish your students’ devices in ActivInspire. To give the devices a quick 1-4 digit alphanumeric code as a name or to quickly number the devices, see article 10481 on the Knowledge Base. You may also create a student database if you would prefer to display the students’ names. This is also a quick, easy way to rename the devices when you have several groups of students using the same devices. Assign by PIN is the best way for the students to name the devices themselves. They simply look for their name and type the corresponding PIN on the device. Automatically assign devices will be driven by you and should be done ahead of time. Each device will be randomly assigned a name. For more information about named and anonymous voting, please see article 10397 on the Knowledge Base.

Comments

• Kathy McHughKathy McHugh Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Article 10397 is relevant, but the teachers in my school have two requests that would facilitate assigning devices to students :

1) On the screen that has three columns - student name, Student ID, Device PIN - Students often accidentally enter the ID number instead of the PIN. If the PIN column was next to the name column it would really help! It would be even better if the ID column didn't appear at all!
    2) The 5s and 6s look very similar, especially from the back of the room. Could the font be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between the two numbers?
    edited February 2015
    I have another question about assigning devices to students:

ActivExpression 2 Classroom management: Help needed assigning devices - I am the teacher-librarian and teach all children at my school (grades 5-8). I'm looking for a stream-lined way to get students logged onto a responder and have their grades collected.

Since students come in with English, social studies, science, technology, music, and art, setting up class lists for each lesson is extremely time consuming. Is there a way to assign each student a unique pin number that they use to log on with no matter which class they come in with? This would eliminate the time that it takes to set up individual class lists. It would also speed up the log on process at the beginning of the class, and I would no longer have to take the time when the students accidentally put in the ID number instead of the pin number. Any ideas?

Thanks, Kathy
  • Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 715 mod
    edited September 2015
    The features requested
    here (Changing the columns displayed when allocating users,changing the font
    displayed in the user allocation window, and assigning a permanent PIN to a
    user) are not currently features of the ActivInspire Software.

We will raise these
    requests with our teams here as requests for enhancement to be implemented in a
    future version of the ActivInspire software.

(Support Case
    00491241)
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for reply. I look forward to possible enhancements.
  • Matt SnyderMatt Snyder Posts: 2
    edited September 2015
    I am trying to find a way to assign devices to students and classes and have that stored permanently. For example, once everything is assigned, I want to be able to select my first period and the devices are already assigned to the students (Device #1 is assigned to Bob Smith, device #2 is assigned to Suzy Jones, etc.). The next period, I select period 2 and the devices are already assigned to those students, and so on.