|

Inspire+has+stopped+working

Jim McArdleJim McArdle Posts: 5
edited March 2016 in Software Solutions
ActivInspire starts for 15 seconds or so, then displays this message:  Inspire has stopped working.  Windows will close the program and find a solution.  No solution is displayed.  Windows 7 Pro laptop.  The old Community webpages had discussions, but the site can no longer be found.

Comments

• Wendy PrometheanWendy Promethean Posts: 210 admin
    edited August 2015
    Hi Jim, 

Welcome to our new Community, I'm sure we'll soon have new discussions up! 
    Can you tell me what version of ActivInspire you currently have installed and is this Windows 32-bit or 64-bit?  
    Have you already tried removing the software and doing a new clean install?  
    Have a look at our Knowledge Base, particularly this article here on uninstalling the software. 
    The latest version of ActivInspire for Windows can be downloaded here. 

Of course, you can always ring into our Tech Support for assistance, your reference number is 00464339.

EDIT:  one thing I forgot to add:  make sure you empty your TEMP folder before downloading and reinstalling the latest version. 
  • Jim McArdleJim McArdle Posts: 5
    edited December 2014
    Windows is a 32-bit version.  I did uninstall it, but didn't restart the computer before I reinstalled.  Version number is 1.6.50464.  Thank you.
    edited December 2014
    I uninstalled and then restarted, then installed version 2.2xxx.  Same problem.  Same message.
    edited August 2015
    Hi Jim, 

Thank you for helping us troubleshoot. Did you make sure to also clear your TEMP folder before reinstalling ? 
    As an additional step, please also check if your flashplayer is up to date, as this will be the plugin the software is most likely to hang on when starting up. 

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    Thank you.
    edited August 2015
    I had cleared the Temp folder before reinstalling.  I just updated the Flashplayer (after finding out how to close flashbridge-wrapper-crossplatform!), and it still won't start and gives the same message.
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for confirming and I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the persistence of this error, usually the reinstall really does the trick. 
    At this point I am going to forward your email details to our Escalations team and they will get in touch with you direct to resolve the issue with the information you have already provided. You will be receiving an email. Thank you. 
    edited December 2014
    Thank you, Wendy!
  • LisaLisa Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    I am having this same problem.  Could you send me an email to fix it?
  • Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 720 mod
    edited September 2015
    Lisa,

If your computer is windows-based, then we would first recommend ensuring that both the Flash player and Flash plugins are at their latest versions. If needed, that update can be found at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/.

If the Inspire software is still not opening afterwards on a windows computer, please try removing any instances of Java on the computer and installing the up-to-date version of Java available from http://www.java.com/ in its place. Restart your computer after this install.

If the software will still not open at this point, or if you are using a Mac, please contact our support team for more detailed assistance with removing the ActivInspire software from the computer and for a possible escalation of this issue, if needed. When contacting us, please refer to support case 476487.

(Support Case 00476487)
  • ismailismail Posts: 1
    Hello
    I have the same masg. when I tried to connect ActiView with the Inspire?
    What is the solution plz, Windows 7 32bit
  • Hi ismail ,

Please confirm details below:

- version of ActivInspire
    - version of ActiView software
    - version of ActivDriver
    - when does the issue happen exactly?

Thank you

Miguel
    Promethean Technical Support

• testtest Posts: 1
    HELLO
    i instal active primary 3.5 on computer Windows 7 32 bits
    when i try lo lunch the application hi give me an error  message with flach player
    i download the flash player and i instal it but he give me the same message
    can u help me please

• Hi Test,

ActivPrimary is no longer supported, ActivPrimary was replaced by ActivInspire.  Please download ActivInspire from this link https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activinspire.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Thank you,
    Pam