|

How can I view and work in two flip charts at the same time like a split screen?

Lori LononLori Lonon Posts: 1
edited March 2016 in Interactive Whiteboards

Comments

• Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 663 mod
    edited September 2015
    While the ActivInspire software can have multiple flipcharts
    open simultaneously, they would not be able to be viewed side-by-side.

Instead, they would appear as tabs across the top of the
    software; click on a Tab to bring up the flipchart indicated by that tab.

(Support Case 00570349)
  • zsringabellzsringabell Posts: 12
    Hi,

I am looking for a split screen functionality. I would like to be able to split my screen in 3 so I could visualize a ppt, annotate on a flip chart. So for example the main space would be 55'' diagonale to present a video or interactive software (Swf) there would be a long flip chart bar at the top running 72" long and 10 wide. and a 40 inch tall and 20 large for a word doc or a a4 ppt. I realize Sony sells a very sophisticated machine that can split a screen in multiple screens and media but it's the price of a car. http://pro.sony.com.cn/cn/pss/edu/VP-BOX.html What I need is to be able to watch an interactive video and at the same time, flash questions for a listening comprehension and write at the top some comments. I suppose I could create that by myself but it would take me 5 minutes every time I want to prepare this. I would like to have this natively. Any ideas?
  • Hi zsringabell,

Thank you for your post.

We are not aware of any way of doing this automatically. The only thing we can think of is the feature in Windows 10 that allows you to tile screens by selecting a window, pressing and holding the windows key and using the arrow keys to tile it to the left or right and top or bottom.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Yann
    Promethean Technical Support
  • lfortierlfortier Posts: 1
    I know that the question of how to do split screens was answered, however, I am wondering if in the year since this was posted if there have been any changes to the ability to do a split screen. If not, is there any plan to add this functionality to the ActivPanels?
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,121 admin
    Hi lfortier,

Thanks for posting.

There hasn't been any update to this since last November. We can raise your request to our development team for ActivInspire to increase the awareness of this request.
    Should a released version of ActivInspire be released so that you can view 2 flipcharts side by side we will let you know.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • vkurylavkuryla Posts: 1
    Please add another request to the development team!  I tried to do this by having two separate windows for Activeinspire at the same time (like I do with MS Word or Chrome...pretty much any other program), but it won't let me.  They only open as new tabs.  I also really need to be able to view two pages in the same document at the same time.
  • Hi Vkuryla,

We will pass your feedback on to the software development team to review for future consideration to updates to the ActivInspire software.
    We have no ETA on this update, please continue to check our support site for updates.

Thank you,
    Pam
  • askask Posts: 1
    I want activeinspire on iPad :) :) :) :)
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,121 admin
    Hi ask,

Thanks for posting.

We'll pass this on to the development team to review for future software releases.

If you'd like to use your iPad more, have you tried ClassFlow
    This has many of the great features that ActivInspire has and is cloud based so you can access your work from any computer.

Kind regards,
    Adam