|

Can I use activexpressions without classflow?

c vandykec vandyke Posts: 4
edited March 2016 in Accessories
When i go to register the devices it just has classflow as an option. I don't have the activexpressions as a choice.

Comments

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    edited August 2015
    Hi there,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

You can use the ActivExpression devices without the need of ClassFlow, you will need to use your ActivHub that came with the expression devices and allow registration to the hub.

For your reference you can look at the ActivExpression 1 & 2 guides from article KBM120 (Activexpression 1) or 10877 (ActivExpression 2) on www.PrometheanKB.com

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • c vandykec vandyke Posts: 4
    edited August 2015
    That was the 1st thing I did was to plug in the ActivHub. I also closed out of ActivInspire and restarted it.
  • Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 415 mod
    edited August 2015
    Hi,

Do you have the ActivDriver installed?

If not, please go to www.prometheankb.com and search for 10902 to download the appropriate driver.

If the driver is installed, does the ActivHub flash green when connected to the computer?
    What is your operating system?

Thank you
    Miguel
    edited August 2015
    I've used the activexpressions before and didn't have any problems. The Hub is green when I plug it in. I have Windows 7.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    edited February 2016
    Hi,

Did you see the Activhub listed in ActivInspire? 
    If not, usually this is a sign that your ActivDriver needs updating. Please go to www.PrometheanKB.com and search for article 10902.
    Once installed, restart the computer and re-launch ActivInspire and try and register the devices and this should work.

Any issues please let us know.

Thanks,
    Adam
    edited August 2015
    Thank you
  • AshleyAshley Posts: 1
    edited February 2016
    I'm having this same problem, and have gone through updating everything I can find, but still only have the classflow option on the device registration page. When I try to re-install the activdriver, it says I need to remove the old version in the control panel, but the control panel doesn't give me the option to remove anything.
  • Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean Posts: 528 mod
    edited February 2016
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issue.

To manually remove the driver please click the link below, this will take you to our support site -

- https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=Uninstalling-the-ActivDriver

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Craig