|

The ActiView document camera won't focus.

Rebecca DargatzRebecca Dargatz Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in Accessories
The ActiView document camera won't focus. I have tried all of the fixes that you recommend. What is the life expectancy of these?

Comments

• Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 415 mod
    edited October 2015
    Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your post.

The ActiView is a pretty reliable device and we don't get many failures with these.

Can you please advise which steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

And also, what is the exact the issue? Is it out of focus all over the image? Or just in particular areas?

Thank you
    Miguel
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Rebecca DargatzRebecca Dargatz Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    I have done all of the recommended checks... Checked to make sure the cables were working properly, image mode is not set to microscope, and we have done a factory reset. the image is out of focus all over.
  • Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean Posts: 529 mod
    edited October 2015
    Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your reply.

In regards to your issue can you please confirm what model of ActiView you? you can find the model number on the base of the unit.

Also can you please press the auto focus button (if available on your model).

Can you also please test a known working video input.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Craig
  • Rebecca DargatzRebecca Dargatz Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    It is model AV 322. We have tested with a known working video input, and we have tried the auto focus.
  • DerickDerick Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    Has this problem been resolved?  we seem to be having them fail en masse here.
  • vlbakervlbaker Posts: 1
    I also have an AV322 that will not focus at all. I have tried factory reset and using the Auto Tune and Auto Focus features. Any other tips?
  • Hello vlbaker,

We would recommend the following steps in order to resolve the issue.

1. Using a soft cloth, clean the lens of the ActiView.

2. Ensure the distance between the object and Lens is proper. (Equal to or greater than 5cm.)

3. Test with a known working video input cabling.

4. Test with a different known working computer, using the same video input cable as in step 3.

If the issue persists, we would recommend reaching out directly using contact form Here

Thanks,
    Michael
    Promethean Support