|

Troubleshooting containers

MICHELLE YORKMICHELLE YORK Posts: 7
edited March 2016 in Software Solutions
I've made many containers in the past and completely understand how they work. I'm trying to build containers that will hold multiple objects by keyword. I've set up the containers to hold certain keywords and return a reward sound if correct. The objects/text are set to return if not contained.

I've checked the following things:
-containers are appropriately sized to fit objects
-objects and containers have correct keywords assigned to them
-containers are in the appropriate level or below objects within a level

I can't seem to get my current flipchart to work correctly as I have all containers in the past. Has something in the newest update broken how containers work? I'd love to be able to attach my work-in-progress container flipchart, but don't see a way to do that within this new forum. Since there's no way to upload, I'll just include a dropbox link. By the way, I'm using ActivInspire 2.4.66096 on a Windows 7 machine.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4846176/CVC-CVCe-CVVC%20Word%20Sorts.flipchart

Comments

• MICHELLE YORKMICHELLE YORK Posts: 7
    edited January 2016
    To make this even more (or maybe less) frustrating, I just tested out the flipchart on my MacBook Pro (Inspire version 1.8.64868). The flipchart works appropriately on this older Mac version.

I need it to work on my Windows machine that I use at school.

Can anyone running a newer Activinspire version on Windows confirm whether this works or is broken.
  • Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 415 mod
    edited January 2016
    Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the dropbox link - we tested your flipchart and it works fine with a Windows computer.

Please try with the new version of ActivInspire (version 2..5). You can download it using the link below:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activinspire

What is the exact issue that you are experiencing? Is the flipchart not playing the reward sound?

Please let us know the outcome.

Miguel
    Promethean Technical Support
    edited January 2016
    I'll try to check that out after school today.  It's not so much the reward sound not working--although that sometimes didn't work also.  The main issue was that items weren't being returned if they didn't fit the keyword criteria.
    edited January 2016
    I downloaded the new version and the "return if not contained" still doesn't seem to be working appropriately.  I will intentionally drag the words from the white box at the bottom to the WRONG container to see if it returns as it should.  The majority of the time, this is NOT working.  

The reward sounds are generally happening at the appropriate action.  I even went in and deleted and reset the keywords on the containers and objects and it's still very inconsistent.  

The public link from above is the document that edited and resaved.

Again, I've done these before and generally not had any problem--and it worked when I opened it on my MacBook Pro.  

Can you check again to see if all answers return if dragged to the wrong container?  I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.  I've even edited, saved, closed and then reopened the chart--just so that it doesn't "remember" the wrong container or drag location, but that doesn't seem to fix the issue either.
  • Tania JudgeTania Judge Posts: 10
    edited January 2016
    Hi Michelle,

I would try removing the "drag a copy" setting from your textboxes at the bottom as that may be interfering with the bounce back.
    edited January 2016
    Tania--I believe that my most recent version already has those deleted.  I was just using those to create my batch of words so that I wouldn't have to keep reformatting them to center in the text box.  It seems that each new textbox inherits everything from the previous except for the justification.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.  If you're NOT seeing the changed document with those deleted, let me know and I'll check the file again. 
  • Tania JudgeTania Judge Posts: 10
    edited January 2016
    Looking at your most recent version, I think it's because the shape at the bottom with your text boxes is a container set to contain anything. When something is first removed from a container it can be placed anywhere and will stay there. Maybe try just using a standard shape.
  • I am trying this containers thing for the first time.  I have checked and rechecked, having them set to "return if not contained," but it isn't returning anything.  I've adjusted the size of my containers.   I tried having the container contain a specific object.  Then I switched and gave my objects keywords and had each container contain only keywords.  I updated to the newest version just before starting this flipchart.  I would love some ideas of what else to try.  I was so excited for trying this with my students tomorrow.  
  • Hi maucere414,

If you would like to attach your flipchart and let us know what you are trying to do with containers, we will be glad to have a look at this and advise further.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support