Back to Support
Interactive Flat Panels
Student Response Devices
Unable to get my laptop to link to my PRM-35 - keep getting "no source detected"
edited March 2016
I am unable to get my laptop to link to my PRM-35. I keep getting the status message "no source detected". What can I do to solve this? Thanks
edited February 2016
To diagnose the issue, please follow the instructions in the below order and test the Projector after each step to see if the issue is resolved.
Wherever you see a number in brackets (*****), this is a reference to one of our knowledgebase articles located at www.prometheankb.com which will provide you with further details if necessary.
1. Ensure the laptop / PC monitor is displaying an image
2. Ensure the VGA cable is correctly connected from laptop/PC to system (Try both the VGA 1 and 2 ports on the wall box/connectivity panel).
3. If laptop is in use, ensure graphics settings are set to Dual/Clone display (10863)
4. If using a laptop toggle the screen displays (10074)
5. Check projector AutoSource setting is turned "ON"
6. Try a "known working" VGA cable from the computer to the wallbox / connectivity panel.
7. Connect the VGA cable directly from the computer to the projector
8. Connect to an alternative input on the projector (computer to projector)
9. Try a "known working" computer
10. Restore Factory Default Settings (10912) 11. Repeat same steps with a known working laptop/pc
Please let us know fi you need any further support.