|

ActivInspire with Windows 10

Nick SinalagNick Sinalag Posts: 1
edited May 2016 in Software Solutions
I have just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. I have also just downloaded the latest version of ActivInspire from your website. However, upon open all icons, toolbox and browser are ridiculously small.

I have read previous advice about changing the screen resolution in windows to 100% however this makes all of my icons and windows system extremely small so it not really a viable solution. 

Please can you let me know if there is an alternative solution or if you are going to introduce any updates to improve compatibility with Windows 10.

Thanks,

Nick

Comments

• Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 397 mod
    edited April 2016
    Hi Nick,

Thank you for your post.

In order to assist you further we will send you an email requesting some more information.

Thank you

Miguel
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Carrie BarronCarrie Barron Posts: 10
    edited May 2016
    I am having the same issue with Windows 10. I just downloaded the update for Inspire. Nothing different. Any suggestions?
  • Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 397 mod
    edited April 2016
    Hi,

Can you confirm the exact version number of ActivInspire?
    Also, can you send us a screenshot demonstrating the issue?

Thank you

Miguel
    edited April 2016
    edited April 2016
    Well, the image I just added looks normal, but I have it on full size and I can barely see it. Notice what it does to text as well. This is really a problem because I have to edit all the text.
    edited April 2016
    edited April 2016
    I just updated to 2.6.66568
    edited April 2016
    I'm also unable to use my Surface Pen to select and move objects in a flipchart
  • Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 507 mod
    edited May 2016
    For the Text objects, there are two steps we can suggest for allowing them to display properly on high-resolution displays:

- In the display options in Windows’ Control Panel, there will be an option to “make text easier to read” or to “set the scaling for all displays”; change that setting to 100% (a logout may be required for this to take effect), then open the flipchart

- Open the flipchart and edit the size of the text objects individually so they are completely visible.

(Support Case 635161)
  • Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 507 mod
    edited April 2016
    We are aware of the issue with using a Stylus to operate the ActivInspire software on a Surface, and have escalated this to our developers to be corrected in a future release of the ActivInspire software.

(Support Case 635161)
  • MGadAllahMGadAllah Posts: 18
    edited April 2016
    Just roll back to v2.4 and it will work as v2.6  has problems and I hope they can fix it soon with a new release!
    https://promethean.app.box.com/activinspire2-4
    edited April 2016
    Sorry, didn't change anything.
    edited April 2016
    remove current installed 2.6 and clean registry then reinstall 2.4 full.
    I've realized that the version the support uploaded to box.com is not the full suit.
  • Amanda WorlleyAmanda Worlley Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    Our teachers are using a Surface book with Windows 10. Have the issue with text boxes which we adjust manually and then save however on reopening many teachers have the same issue. Changing to 100% is not an option as the icons for Activ Inspire are too small to use. However also have problem creating new flipcharts on new machines, look fine at home, and then when we open same issue. Resolution between home and school does not change?
    Tech support suggest we forget Activ Inspire and move to Onenote - but we have a lot of resources invested with AI.
    edited April 2016
    Tech support suggest we forget Activ Inspire and move to Onenote - but we have a lot of resources invested with AI.Fair enough! 
    edited April 2016
    ClassFlow Desktop is also the same way. Even smaller!
    edited April 2016
    I uninstalled 2.6 and reinstalled 2.4. The issue still exists.
    edited April 2016
    what was the last working version?
    edited April 2016
    I had 2.4 as the first version of Inspire on this Windows 10 computer.
  • Alex SchenkAlex Schenk Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    I am dealing with the same issue -- the icons are too small, rendering ActivInspire unusable. Is there any solution that anyone has found?
  • Dave GrosvenorDave Grosvenor Posts: 14
    edited May 2016
    A work-around is to lower the resolution of your display.
  • Alex SchenkAlex Schenk Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    Nick, please respond if you were able to find a solution to your problem. I, too, have found with my new laptop (Surface Book, resolution 3000x2000) and the latest version of ActivInspire (2.6) that my toolbox, cursor, etc. are all too small to use.
  • Dave GrosvenorDave Grosvenor Posts: 14
    edited May 2016
    A work-around is to lower the resolution of your display.
  • jjcalamitajjcalamita Posts: 3
    Most of our teachers are running out laptop at a lower resolution, since their boards are older 4:3 boards.  We still see the issue.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,554 admin
    Hi,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Whats the native resolution of the laptop that the teachers are using when ActivInspire is open (and not connected to the ActivBoard)?

We are still aware of the issue, and i've also raised this query to our software development team.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • kbensonkbenson Posts: 1
    I too have this problem.  I tried reseting the display to 100%, logging out of Windows and logging back in. The icons on the toolbar are still to small to use. 
  • Hello kbenson,

Thank you for letting us know. We will add your issue to our current enhancement request with our developers to investigate. 

Can you please let us know your current screen resolution when using ActivInspire. 

As soon as we have this information we will pass the details onto our developers.

Thanks again,

Craig 
  • Hi, 

I have just bought a new Surface and am having the same issues as above when using ActivInspire - the text boxes aren't working properly and the icons are too small to use. I have tried changing the resolution but this doesn't make a difference. The resolution on this screen is currently 2736 x 1824. 

Has this been resolved yet? I now can't work at home which is a bit annoying!

Thanks, 

Lucy
  • Hi Lucy,

Thank you for your post.

This issue hasn't been addressed in any of the recent updates to ActivInspire and is still with our development team. 
    I will pass this to our development team to hopefully fix this in future issues.

Should the issue be fixed we will announce this on the Support Community.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Hi Lucy,

Just to follow up, whilst I have raised this with the development team,  the screen resolution you are using is quite high which could be causing some of these issues and is an unsupported resolution by ActivInspire.

We would recommend trying 1920x1080 as a screen resolution and seeing if this helps.

Thanks
    Adam