|

Export to Powerpoint

Mark EbreyMark Ebrey Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in Software Solutions
The school I work in has three different types of interactive whiteboard across the school. My room has a Promethean board and I run ActivInspire on the computer which runs it. I notice that the export to Powerpoint option has been removed from Inspire. Is there any way I can quickly get one of my flipchart files into Powerpoint. My room is a computer room (I teach Maths). I often get re-roomed at last minute if someone else needs the computers so need a quick way of getting my flipchart file into Powerpoint so I can deliver my lesson in one of the other classrooms. Is there any solution that Promethean can offer to this. I see I can't even export to PowerPoint via pdf any more. This lack of export is causing me a huge problem and I fear that if I can't get a solution to this then I will have to stop using Inspire and do everthing via Powerpoint, which I don't want to do as the Maths tools are useful in Inspire.

Comments

• Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean Posts: 169 mod
    edited April 2016
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting. The export to PowerPoint option was removed long ago, mainly due to changes made by Microsoft. If you are running the professional edition of ActivInspire then you should be able to Export to PDF.

If you are running the personal edition, you may still be able to export to PDF through the print menu.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support Case: 636068)
  • Mark EbreyMark Ebrey Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    I am running the professional edition, version 1.7.58968 but I can't see an export to pdf option. Where is it? When I select file and export the only option is to export to .iwb. Is the export to pdf buried in another menu system somewhere?
  • Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean Posts: 169 mod
    edited April 2016
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. It seems you are on quite an old version of ActivInspire which may be the reason the option is not showing.

We would suggest that you update to the latest version, you can do this by going to support.prometheanworld.com.

Please let us know if this solves your issue.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support
  • GenoGeno Posts: 39
    edited April 2016
    With the current version of ActivInspire, Mark, or with the old version you have, you create a PDF from a flipchart by selecting File> Print. Then, on the print dialogue box that comes up you'll see an Export to PDF button.
  • I tried to export as PDF and it created a different PDF for every slide.  I want every slide on one PDF.  Any ideas?
  • Hello julieclaxton,

Please let us know what version of ActivInspire you are using? 

Is this on a Windows computer or a Mac? 

You should be able to export to one PDF, with each page of the flipchart being a separate page on the PDF. 

Thanks,
    Michael
    Promethean Support