|

new lamp in projector will not turn on. Just have a flashing green light.

Liz AdsheadLiz Adshead Posts: 1
edited April 2016 in Projectors
I have just installed a new lamp for my projector - model PRM35.  It is just flashing green on the power but will not start up at all.  I have tried everything with the remote and turning it on and off again. Do I need to press something in particular to turn it on? the instructions are really not helpful.

Comments

• Frances PrometheanFrances Promethean Posts: 71 mod
    edited April 2016
    Hello Liz,

Thank you for the post on the Promethean Support Community.

There are no codes to press to make the projector strike on.

Please re-seat the lamp in the lamp cavity and make sure the lamp door is closed and secured with the screw.

Do you know the number of times the light flashes green as this might tell us what the issue may be?
    Can you try the lamp in another PRM-35 projector to verify that the lamp is a good working part?

Regards
    Frances
    Promethean Technical Support
  • ssuarezssuarez Posts: 1
    Was there a resolution to this issue??? I'm having the same issue  and need help.
  • BaysiePSBaysiePS Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I too have the same problem with the green light flashing after every second. I have swapped the lamp into another projector and it works. I have also disconnected the power but the flashing continues with the projector not coming on. Is there anything I can do?
  • Hi BaysiePS,

Can you confirm how many times the power LED blinks as this will indicate the issue. 

If changing the lamp resolves the issue, it could be that the lamp is faulty. 

Once we know how many times the LED blinks we will be able to assist you further.

Craig 
  • ssuarez said:
    Was there a resolution to this issue??? I'm having the same issue  and need help.

To help resolve the issue we would need to know a little more information. How many times does the power LED blink? Does the lamp LED light up at all? 

Can you please also confirm the model of the projector.

Thank you,

Craig 

• cage24cage24 Posts: 1
    I have the same problem, It is a PRM-45  it blinks for 20 time then goes solid, then 20 times then solid.
    The fan is running but the bulb never turns on.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,955 admin
    Hi Cage,

Have you tested another known working lamp inside the projector?

If so, I would recommend following up with Promethean Technical Support directly and providing the serial number of this PRM-45 projector.

You can contact us by email from the link below:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

Thanks,
    Adam
  • nikkimnikkim Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem. We changed the lamp but it won't turn on.  The green power light just keeps blinking and it doesn't stop.  Thank you
  • Hello nikkim,

The issue could be being caused by the replacement / new lamp or the projector. the fastest way to find out is to test a known working lamp in the projector.

If the issue persists can you please contact us by email from the link below:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

Thank you,

Craig 
  • schultingpschultingp Posts: 2
    I have this same issue.  The green light flashes 7 times.  I have a PRM 25.  Please help.
  • Hello schultingp,

The 7 flashed indicated the lamp door has not been closed correctly. Can you please remove the lamp and re-seat it. 

The lamp will not strike if the door is not closed for health and safety. 

Please let me know if the issue persists,

Craig 
  • schultingpschultingp Posts: 2
    Yay!  It works.  Thank you so much!
  • Glad we could help!

If you ever need anything else please let us know.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

• ruairi83ruairi83 Posts: 7
    edited March 2017

Hi,

I am also having the same problem on a PRM35. SN-WPRM-35***Removed by Promethean***

Power light blinks for 20 time then goes solid, then 20 times then solid.
    The fan is running but the bulb never turns on.

I have tried a brand new genuine bulb and it does the exact same thing.

This is only PRM35 in school. I have emailed support with serial number to see if covered.

Any other help would be great.

Thanks

Ruairi

Hi ruairi83,

Thanks for posting.

I've removed your serial number from the Support Post, we''ll help to resolve these issues on the case that you have created with Promethean Technical Support.

Thanks,
    Adam
  • yesukalyesukal Posts: 2
    My Sony-vpl-Dx100  projector will start to turn on ( green light flashes 60 times) and 
    then the green flashing light turns to red and the projector does not come on? what shall i do? please help me.
  • Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean Posts: 500 mod
    Hi yesukal

This model of projector is not Promethean hardware. We suggest you contact Sony. 

Thank you,

Craig 
  • yesukalyesukal Posts: 2
    Hi Craig can you send me a link or email to contact us, i haven't info,
     thanks for your suggestion!!
  • Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 415 mod
    Hi yesukal,

Note that we don't have contact details for Sony.
    Our suggestion is to search online for their contact details.

Thank you

Miguel
  • mix1966mix1966 Posts: 3
    Hi, our Promethean lamp has just been replaced but the green power light blinks 5 times and the lamp light is yellow and blinks 12 times. Can you please tell me what that means? Thanks.
    Hi Promethean Support,

It's Brian (mix1966) again. I reset the main cable on the lower left of the Activboard and now the Power light flashes 20 times and goes solid
    Hi mix1966,

Thanks for posting.

Is the lamp known to work in another projector of the same model? 
    The 20x flashing Power LED can indicate either a faulty lamp or faulty component inside the projector that gets the lamp to work.

If the lamp was known to work, and the issue continues, I'd recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and providing the serial number of the projector for further advice.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Hi Adam,

Sorry, I replaced the whole projector (not just the lamp). It was brand new and just shipped from Promethean. I assume it is supposed to work.

Thanks.
    Hi mix1966,

Thanks for your reply.

I'd recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and providing the serial number of the projector for further advice.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• DavidBrownDavidBrown Posts: 1
    David Brown
    My Optoma DLP projector lamp light flashes 20 times
    Hi DavidBrown,

Thanks for posting.

The projector model you have mentioned is not part of the Promethean product range.
    We would recommend that you contact Optoma for further assistance. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • RPsenRPsen Posts: 1
    Optoma is a good brand, very popular as far as I know.... most of its projectors are of high quality.... the problem you are facing may be due to some external damage problem, I think........