|

How do you install google services on activconnect g-series?

What version of google services do I need to download for it to work on my activconnect g-series? The new version from Aptoide does not run. 

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,709 admin
    Hi,
    Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

For this issue you have mentioned, we have a work around for this which I will send to you over email.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
    Case 673916
  • We just hung 56 ActivPanel 4.5's with the G-Series boxes and have learned a lot through trial and error! This video series - ActivConnect G-Series - details installing the Google Services and mentions a Dropbox link for the .apk file. A bit of googling found the attached PDF with a link to the .apk, which needed updating but worked without crashing constantly.

Of course today's update just broke it again, but my techs reports that they fixed them with Factory Resets. Not ideal, and there may be a way to update Google Services without going that scorched-earth route. If you find it let us know!

-Doug
    Hi, 

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience for the update.
    The latest update to the ActivConnect which was rolled out on the 1st October is designed to fix the issue with the error message of the Google services in the long run, so future updates will have no impact on if you have Google Play store installed.

If you haven't yet installed Google Play we'd recommend updating your ActivConnect G-Series then installing the Google Play store after.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Adam
  • JensJens Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I want to know, what version of google services do iI need to install on our activconnect g-series (V. 1.0.18). We get the product yesterday without google services. I asked your support via Mail-Form and received an instruction, which references "TP-2023: Google Play IG for ActivConnect G Rev 2.pdf", but I can't find this Doc anywhere.
    Do you have a smart work around to solve my problem!
    Greets
    Jens
  • Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean Posts: 492 mod
    edited October 2016
    Hello Jens, 

Please find below a link to a support article:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1575

Please let us know if you need any further support.

Craig 
  • somit2010somit2010 Posts: 7
    Hi,
     Can someone let me know i have a imac and trying to mirror the image from ActiveconnectG  but i dont see the Airplay detecting the Activeg but i have check both the devices my Imac and ActiveConnect G is in the same network. Please advise.

Hi somit2010,
    Thanks for posting.

If Airplay isn't detecting the ActivConnect G-Series then this could indicate that Bonjour is not enabled/working on your network.

It may be necessary to set the ActivCast application to be trusted. The following ports need to be open and allowed on the network:

•    TCP 6000-7000, 7100, 47000, 47010
    •    UDP 5353, 6000-7000, 7011

It may also be necessary to whitelist the following URLs:

•    https://otaupdate.prometheanworld.com (software updates)
    •    promethean.api.splashtop.com (cloud server)

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • None of the links that are currently available seem to work for the promethean that I just installed. What would be the most current version available?
  • Hi nlegrand

What links are you looking for?

The latest software version for the ActivConnect is 1.0.21. 

Please let us know what links you need. 

Thank you,

Craig 
  • Sorry, the links I'm referring to are the current links for Google play services in this thread. I've updated the ActivConnect to the latest version, but am unable to get a working version of the Google Play store onto the device. Every version I've tried works to varying degrees of success before it crashes. Do you know where I can find the current appropriate version for the Promethean?
  • Hello nlegrand, 

Please first make sure that the ActivConnect G Series software has been updated to the latest version v1.0.21
    If you need instructions on how to update the firmware, please click on the link below:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/video/how-to-update-the-activconnect-g-series

Once the software of the ActivConnect has been updated to v1.0.21, please use the instructions from the link below to install Google Play Store services: 

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1575

Kind regards, 
    Nelly 

• amedelamedel Posts: 15
    Hi @Nayeli Promethean

Seems that my ActivConnect won't update to 1.0.21. It always says that "Now is the latest version" But I only have 1.0.18.

Is there a particular ActivConect that can't update to the specific version?

Thank you.
  • Hi amedel,

You should be able to do the update, please ensure that you are connected to the internet and that this is working correctly.

If your network uses a firewall, it may also be necessary to whitelist the following URLs:

•    https://otaupdate.prometheanworld.com (software updates)
    •    cdn-otaupdate.prometheanworld.com (software updates)
    •    promethean.api.splashtop.com (cloud server)
    •    https://promethean-wbs.relay.splashtop.com

Kind regards,

Adam

• amedelamedel Posts: 15
    edited on October 16 2017
    Hi  @Adam K Promethean,

I can't try that right now because the ActivPanel was sent to our client.

I will try it as soon as the client request it to be installed.

On the other note. Thank you for helping us fix the problem with the Activboard touch.

Your help is much appreciated because that fixes almost all the Activboard touch's problem that we encountered.

Thank you. I'll get back to you as soon as the client requested it.

• Hi amedel,

Thank you for your feedback, glad we were able to help fix the ActivBoard Touch issues. 

If you still have any issues or questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • I have followed instructions listed above and installed GoogleServices.apk, put onto a flashdrive, and loaded to GSeries. However, every time I do, my Google Earth app no longer functions, and I get an error alert in the top corner. I have updated my G-Series to 1.0.21 and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the GoogleServices.apk to no avail.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
  • Hi dcinalli,

Was the Google Earth app installed before installing Google Services, if so how? 
    What is the error alert that you are receiving in the top corner?

Once you have installed the Google Services you should have the Google Play store installed, if you download the Google Earth application from here, does this work?

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Well, this error was on our end. 

We did not give permission to our teachers on the google admin to allow access to the play store. We have since given them access, and the playstore (and Google Earth) are working perfectly. 
  • Can you please send me steps i can take to get google services?
  • Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 412 mod
    edited on November 10 2017
    Hi alizafliegelman,

Thank you for your post.

Please refer to this article for instructions - https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1575

Please let us know if you require further details.

Thank you

Miguel