|

Why do I get the message that powerpoint source file is incorrect when I try to import a powerpoint?

This happens when I try to import anyone of several powerpoints - ones I have created or downloaded?

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,709 admin
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

We have an article based on this error message that is occurring, hopefully this will help you:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1105

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • vbegatvbegat Posts: 2
    I am using Powerpoint 2016 and ActivInspire V 2.8 and I am getting the message that powerpoint source file is incorrect.  I have tried saving the powerpoint with one letter and save it on the desktop and it has not worked. I have tried saving the document in Powerpoint 97-2003 and that doesn't work either. Please help. 
  • Hi vbegat,

Thanks for your post.

Please note that ActivInspire does not support PowerPoint 2013/2016 as such this could be one of the main reasons why this isn't importing into ActivInspire.

You have mentioned that you have tried all of the available steps from the Support Article, if you are able to convert your PowerPoint file to a PDF you can try to import the PowerPoint file as a PDF within ActivInspire although this will treat text and images as one singular image unlike the different objects that a PowerPoint file could. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • I just want to check if that issue has solved?I got the same error when trying to import ppt to activinspire
  • Hi rolando,

Thanks for posting.

We haven't yet updated ActivInspire to support importing of PowerPoint files from 2013 or above.

Have you tried the work arounds suggested on the support article?

Thanks,
    Adam

• This is an absolute joke, and the workarounds even more so.  This problem has been around for years now, and the fact that a fix still hasn't been provided shows the total contempt Promethean have for their customers.  

Microsoft have already removed mainline support for Office 2010 with mainline support for Office 2013 expiring in April 2018. I'm doubtful there will be an update to resolve this before Office 2016 support expires.
  • Hi scurtis2,

Thanks for your post.

Rest assured, we do take your feedback seriously and pass all feedback over to the ActivInspire development team to keep it in consideration for future improvements. 

Should we release an updated version of ActivInspire which supports this we will let you know.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • 'consideration for future improvements'...this may be true, but then again.  I personally flagged this as an issue over 3 years ago when speaking with a tech support representative, and twice since at BETT, yet still the problem remains and clearly from the number of posts about this a quick search uncovers I stand by my previous post.
  • Why do I no longer have the option to import a PDF file into a flipchart.  I have Windows 10 installed on my computer.
  • Hi maryanneseaman,

The import of a PDF file is only available in the Professional edition of ActivInspire (please see comparison of personal and professional edition for all differences).

Once you have entered your activation key for ActivInspire this will upgrade to the Professional edition.

Kind regards,
    Adam