|

Shape tool Active inspire primary look

kelm21kelm21 Posts: 4
edited November 2016 in Software Solutions
my colleague and I are both missing the shape tool on our dashboards which is quite annoying especially when teaching maths every day! We have tried updating and uninstalling/reinstalling but still no joy! 

Also so we seem to be missing resources from our library and not catalogued correctly if we search for a dog in the library for example after pressing enter dialogue box appears saying no search found eventhough we know dog in there!

any ideas on how to resolve, shape tool most pressing issue

thanks

Comments

• Hello kelm21,

From your description, it sounds like you are running the personal edition of ActivInspire. To confirm this can you please open the software and go to Help > About. 

To get the professional version you will need to enter an activation key. 

Once you have entered the activation key the features you have mentioned will return.

Please let me know if you need any further support.

Thank you,

Craig 
  • kelm21kelm21 Posts: 4
    Thanks Craig. I followed your instructions and yes we are both running the personal addition.

However to run the professional edition, the dialog box is asking me to enter in the activation code of the board.
    I know the product code and serial number are on the back of my board but where will I find the activation code?
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please could you let us know the model of ActivBoard you are currently using (excluding serial number)?
    We'll then be able to advise you how to best generate an activation key as this can be done by different methods for certain models of Promethean hardware.

Thank you.
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• I downloaded the activinspire version on Promethean planet, but it doesn't have the shape tools.  I am a teacher and had a free version on my last home computer that I'd downloaded from PP and it had the shape tool.  I just want to be able create flip charts for my students to use while I'm at home.  I don't want to have to buy a special program, if possible.  What can I do?
  • Hi weiselhe,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the shape tool, this is only available in the Professional edition of ActivInspire.

If you have Promethean ActivBoards (depending on model) or ActivPanels, you will have an ActivInspire Activation key stuck on a sticker.
    If you do not have this, you can use the ActivBoards model and serial number to generate on the below link:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/upgrade/activinspire.html

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support