|

activconnect-g

when i connected the Activconnect-G on my TV so i can mirror my iPhone, i updated the software and then the device reboot, but now im stuck on a locked screen where it shows a small lock on the bottom, and when i press on it i get a message " SWIPE UP TO UNLOCK".... but its a TV and not a touch panel.. so how can i swipe up and unlock the screen so i can start using the activconnect-g ?? i tried all the buttons on the remote control but nothing works...!!!

Comments

• Hi and thanks for posting!

If you connect a USB mouse to the ActivConnect G-Series you should be able to use this to hold the left click and swipe up to uinlock, once its unlocked it should stay that way.

We have an enhancement request open for this and we hope it will be removed from a future update.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support
  • sldhitsldhit Posts: 1
    Hi, the same happened to me after updating the ActivConnect G-Series the device is locked and every time I swipe using a mouse it ask for password, I don't remember setting any password before upgrading.

I just recently bought it and I can't use it for anything.

Looking forward to your response. Thank you.
  • Hello sldhit,

We have created a case regarding this issue and will send you a private email due to the nature of this issue.

Thanks
    Michael
    Promethean Support
  • sjcastellosjcastello Posts: 3

Hello, I am a school tech and we have an ActivConnect G that has become password locked as well. Teacher doesn't remember setting a password and has not been able to figure it out.

Is there a way to reset the device's password? I tried to use Android Device Manager, but that would not update the screen lock password, and I did not want to remotely erase device if there was another way.

Thanks for any help provided.

• Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean Posts: 500 mod
    Hi sjcastello,

I will send you an email with instructions on how to get around the issue. 

Thank you,

Craig 
  • sjcastellosjcastello Posts: 3
    Thanks Craig, back up and running.
  • Lboland2Lboland2 Posts: 1
    I am a school tech and we are having the same problem.  My Principal's brand new ActivConnect G-series is locked and no one remembers setting it.  I tried plugging in a mouse and left clicking to see if I could unlock it but it didn't work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
  • Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean Posts: 190 mod
    Lboland2 said:
    I am a school tech and we are having the same problem.  My Principal's brand new ActivConnect G-series is locked and no one remembers setting it.  I tried plugging in a mouse and left clicking to see if I could unlock it but it didn't work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    Hi and thanks for posting.

Is the ActivConnect asking for a password or is it just "locked"?  If it is locked without a password, you should be able to unlock it with an upwards swipe?  If this is not working please ensure that the USB cable is connected to the corresponding "Touch USB" port.

If it is prompting for a password, then the only way to get around this is a full factory reset.  

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

• hendersbhendersb Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    When I turned on the ActivPanel Gseries this morning it showed a lock button and said swipe to unlock. When I would swipe a camera would show up in the middle of the screen. I finally got it to go away, but now it won't let me go anywhere and is asking for a PIN. I've started this thing many times in the couple of weeks I've had it and it has never done this. I don't have a PIN and can't get to my home screen. Help!

Now after turning it on/off there is a lock button and it says "charged" above it and I can't do anything.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,955 admin
    Hi hendersb,

Thanks for posting. 
    I will email you directly with regard to instructions on how to reset your ActivConnect G-series.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • rosspascualrosspascual Posts: 2
    HI Adam, i have same problem after i update our active connect its asking unlock pin, but i didn't configure that setting.please help to remove the password. we are not required to put a pin because we are using it in our Main Meeting Room. please need your urgent response. thank you
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,955 admin
    Hi rosspascual,

Thanks for posting.

I've sent an email with instructions on how to reset this.

Many thanks,
    Adam
  • rosspascualrosspascual Posts: 2
    Thank you Adam, that solution is work.
  • oowmasoowmas Posts: 1
    Hi Adam. Having the same issue with pin needed to access the active panel. I’m trying to do a factory reset but cannot get pass the unlock pin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
  • Hello oowmas, 

We have created a case and sent you and email with instructions on how to factory reset the ActivConnect. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks, 
    Nelly 
    Technical Support
  • Hi,

I am having the same issues of a password being required to login. I updated the box today and now it is asking for a password and I have never had to put a password into this before. Any help welcomed.

Thanks,

Nick
  • Hello, noneill859,

I have sent you an email, in a case we created, with instructions to hardware reset the ActivConnect G unit.

Best Regards,
    Austin
  • We have the same problem. Teacher locked ActivConnect. Need to factory reset.
  • Hi wtsteed,

I've sent you an email with further information.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • DJBozDJBoz Posts: 2
    We have the same problem. Teacher locked ActivConnect. Need to factory reset.

Thank-you!
  • Hi,

We have a support article on our website that will help with the process https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1546.

Thank you,

Pam
  • DJBozDJBoz Posts: 2
    Hi Pam,

I am not able to reset using this method. The owner account is the one with the pin on it. When I log-in with my Google account I do not have the option to select Backup & reset in the Personal section.
    Thank-you!
    ~Denise

• Hi DJBoz,

We have created a case and sent you and email with instructions on how to factory reset the ActivConnect. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
    Maggie 
  • RRoaneRRoane Posts: 1
    Hi. I am a school tech and just went to move a board to a different classroom and found the owner account locked with password which teacher didn't put on there. Guess need to do an activeconnect-g factory reset like others. Any help appreciated.

• Hi RRoane,

Thank you for posting to the Support Community,

We will be sending you an email shortly with instructions on how to factory reset the ActivConnect.

Kind Regards,
    Maggie