|

how do i reset active connect password ?

MrsRamirezQ502MrsRamirezQ502 Posts: 4
edited December 2016 in Interactive Flat Panels
I just got the board. Was testing it and set a pattern password but apparently I forgot or I'm unable to do the pattern the same way again and its locked. How do I reset password  

Answers

• Hello MrsRamirezQ502 ,

We have sent you an email in case 693157 to address this issue due to the sensitive nature of this information.

Thanks,
    Michael 
    Promethean Support

• Hello MrsRamirezQ502 ,

We have sent you an email in case 693157 to address this issue due to the sensitive nature of this information.

Thanks,
    Michael 
    Promethean Support

I received the email and reply to it with SN but no answer yet and I need the board today

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    Hi MrsRamirezQ502,

I have checked the case and our Technical Support team have responded to you.

I would recommend responding directly to Technical Support for further assistance.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • @Michael Promethean and @Adam K Promethean. I am having a similar issue. I have access to the admin account, but have users that have forgotten their PINS. Is there a way to reset their PINS without deleting the accounts? 
    Hi Jespinosa1988,

Thanks for posting.

There isn't any way that you can amend the PINS of the user accounts that you have got on the device.
    You would need to set the user up again and delete their account. 

It may be possible to manage users accounts using an MDM (mobile device management) package on the ActivConnects.
    We do have an app which is included on 1.0.18 or later on the ActivConnect called VISO.
    For more information on VISI and the MDM, please visit the below link:
    http://www.radix-int.com/device-management-for-promethean.html
    Viso will be able to confirm if their software allows to manage users accounts through their application and software.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • I just got my activboard yesterday and I came in to work today and when I swipe up it is locked. It is asking for a password, and I don't know what it is.
    Hi MsCoopersmith,

I have sent you an email directly with steps on how to reset this.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • tns1313tns1313 Posts: 1
    I have a teacher who cannot remember her swipe pattern.  Please help! 

• @tns1313, we have sent an e-mail to the address you have set up for this account with instructions on resetting the device to help with this issue.

• I am having a similar problem. I have an ACG that I think someone else put a pin on the Owner account and now I can't access the device. I would rather not do a factory reset. Please advice. 
  • Hi jsweber,

Thank you for posting to our Support Community. 

On the lock screen, if you swipe down from the top, a grey menu will pull down. From there you will want to click on the account bubble (has the silhouette of a person), this will either allow you to switch users or add a new user.

If you can add a new user, you can set up a new user for this device and proceed using it. However, unless you have that pin code, you will not be able to access the Owner account.

Should you decide that you would like to move forward with a factory reset, please let us know and we will send you a follow up email.

Kind Regards,
    Maggie
  • brockdeibrockdei Posts: 1
    I forgot my password over  a summer break, could I get a reset email please?  Thanks!
  • Hi Brockdei,

Thank you for posting to our Support Community. 

Have you tried the following steps?

On the lock screen, if you swipe down from the top, a grey menu will pull down. From there you will want to click on the account bubble (has the silhouette of a person), this will either allow you to switch users or add a new user.

If you can add a new user, you can set up a new user for this device and proceed using it. However, unless you have that pin code, you will not be able to access the Owner account.

Should you decide that you would like to move forward with a factory reset, please let us know and we will send you a follow-up email.

Thank you,

Pam