|

Calibrate the Panel without using ActivManager on the v 4.5 panel

Is there a way to Calibrate the version 4.5 panel without going to ActivManager and selecting Calibrate.  Can you go to some menu in the actual panel and do a calibration without having the ActivManager loaded on my computer?

Answers

• Hi tutton,

Thanks for posting!

The ActivPanel shouldn't need to be calibrated if you are using the optimum screen resolution which is 1920x1080. If you aren't using this screen resolution and have had to made changes for the image to fit or you are in extended desktop, then this is where you will need to calibrate.
    The ActivPanel stores the calibration, but does not have any built in features to calibrate the screen itself, this is where devices such as your computer with ActivManager or the ActivConnect G-series can do this for you. 

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • tuttontutton Posts: 5
    Adam,

Do you know where there is documentation on how you Calibrate the ActivConnect G with the Panel.  I don't have one if front of me right now but I am sure I have done it before.  I looked through the Portal and through the support articles and I can't find one that shows the steps to calibrate.

Thank you

• Hello Tutton,

We do not have any articles that specifically speak about calibrating the G-Series.

Your calibration shouldn't be off when moving to the ActivConnect after using your computer however depending on screen resolutions previously used the ActivPanel will remember this.

We would recommend that you update your ActivConnect by clicking on Settings>Update>Online update if you aren't using version 1.018.

Once you are on this version, under Settings you will have an option called ActivCalibrate. You can use this the calibrate the ActivPanel and ActivConnect device.

Hope this helps,
    Frances

Frances,

Thanks but I am dealing with a really strange situation where the customer has some really odd software they are running on their computers.  One computer has to connect to the panel with a 4x3 resolution so they calibrate from that computer.  Then they switch to another computer that switch's the resolution to a 10x9 and they want to re-calibrate on that device but they are running a software that uses an older version of Java that then conflicts with our driver and makes calibrate not work properly.  So they wanted to switch back to ActivConnect re-calibrate then switch back to their computer running the 10x9 configuration.

Very strange situation.  
  • Hi tutton,

Thanks for your reply, this is definitely a strange set up in place for the ActivPanel and the computers.

If you update the ActivConnect G-series to version 1.0.18, you will then be able to use the ActivCalibrate app which will hopefully help.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank you Adam,

And just one more question.  Once you do the update where will the ActivCalibrate App appear?

• Hello tutton,

Good Question.

Once you update the G-Connect box there will be an option to calibrate the unit.
    Click on the four squares in the bottoom left corner of the screen. yuou will see the ActivCalibrate icon. 
    Click on it to run.

Thank you
    Frances
    Promethen Technical Support

Ok great.

I updated and rebooted the device. The touch works still and I see the calibration application. Although, when I select it, there is a message displayed that says, “No compatible Promethean ActivBoards or ActivPanels found, press esc or touch screen to continue.”

Any idea what might be causing this?
  • If you have a computer with our updated ActivDriver installed, connect that to an available HDMI and Touch USB port on the Panel and switch the Panel’s input source so that the Computer is displayed.

When the ActivManager on that computer detects a new device, open the ActivManager’s Control Panel.  If the ActivPanel is listed as a connected device, click on it to select it then click the “Upgrade” button along the bottom to update the firmware on this Panel.

After the upgrade is successfully applied, switch the input source on the panel back to the ActivConnect G and run its ActivCalibrate application.  You should now be able to proceed with that calibration process on the ActivConnect G.

• escottescott Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I have followed your above steps to update the firmware.
    However, when I go to the ActivConnect G I still get the error "No compatible Promethean ActivBoards or ActivPanels found, press esc or touch screen to continue."

The touch is still slightly off when switching from Windows back to the ActivConnect G.
    Is there anything you can suggest?

Thanks,
    Ed
  • Hello Escot,

If the firmware update was successfully done on the Activpanel, please disconnect and reconnect the Touch USB cable on the Activconnect G, as well as the power cable.
    Reconnect both the Touch USB and the power cable previously disconnected, and then attempt to calibrate the device again.
    That should work, if not, please let us know.
    Hi Noel,

I have carried out the steps you described and still no luck.
    I have noticed that the version of software on the ActivConnect is only v1.0.20.
    I am currently updating to v1.0.21.
    Do you know if this is the latest version or if there are further updates I need to install?

Thanks,
    Ed
    Sorry, I have also noticed that my ActivPanel is version AP5-P_v1.0.0005.
    Is this the reason why it is not being picked up?
    Thanks,
    Ed
  • Michael PrometheanMichael Promethean Posts: 149 mod
    edited on July 11 2017
    Hello escott,

Yes, 1.0.21 is the latest version of the ActivConnect software.

Do you have any other USB devices connected to the ActivConnect G series?

Does the image completely fill the screen when using the ActivConnect G series? 

Please go into the display settings > HDMI mode and ensure that 1920 X 1080 -60 is selected. 

Thanks
    Michael
    Promethean Support
    Hi Michael,

1. No, no other USB devices are connected.
    2. Yes, the image is filling the screen.
    3. I have tried all number of different resolutions including 1920 x 1080 -60.

Thanks,
    Ed
  • Hi escott, 

We will be sending you an email to the email address affiliated with your account on our Support Portal for further information. 

Thanks, 
    James
    Promethean Support