|

Page Zoom with Pen

I used to use the Page Zoom with Pen all the time.  We have recently move to the new 75" active panels.  I have the latest Active Inspire software.  When undocked, I can use the Page Zoom with Pen.  As soon as I dock my laptop and connect to the active panel, the Page Zoom with pen goes grey and I can't use it.

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,129 admin
    Hi alandick,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

I've had a test with this tool on our ActivPanels, although we do not use docks and I can't get it to replicate this issue.
    This would suggest that the connection is being lost to the ActivPanel when you are using your dock. 

When you dock your laptop, is ActivInspire already open?
    If you close ActivInspire and try and re-launch, is this option still grayed out?

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support.
  • alandickalandick Posts: 4
    Adam

Thanks.  I have tried having Inspire open and closed and it is just the same.  We are using a HDMI to Display cable and using a docking station for our laptop.  Could this have an impact?

Alan
  • Hello alandick,

Thank you for your post. 

Can you please confirm that the zoom function works fine when the laptop is not docked?

As Adam said it may be that you are losing the connection when you dock. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Craig 
  • mnudelsmnudels Posts: 2
    I only use the ActivInspire software with my Epson projector and have lost the function of the Page Zoom tool. It is grayed out in my toolbox. How can I restore it???
    Hi mnudels,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

We have more information on the thread below regarding this issue.
    https://community.prometheanworld.com/en/discussion/comment/16874275#Comment_16874275

There is a work around and a link to install ActivInspire 2.9.

Insert the spotlight tool and then close it, the Page zoom with pen is now available, though only until ActivInspire is closed and re-opened, and the spotlight tool will need to be opened and closed again.

Should you wish to use ActivInspire 2.9, please uninstall your current version and install the one below:
    https://promethean.box.com/v/inspire-2-9 (For Windows)

We have raised this issue with our development team to review and hopefully implement in future releases.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

Hello mnudelsalandick
    The issue you raised with us on this thread in regard to ActivInspire has now been rectified in the new v2.11.66910 update.

To obtain this update simply head to our support pages: https://support.prometheanworld.com/download/activinspire.html

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks,
    Adam