|

Promethean Password

A teacher has set her password on her Promethean Board and now she can not remember it.  How can I reset it?  
Instructional Technology Resource Teacher

Answers

• Hi ChristieLewis,

Thank you for your post.

Can you clarify which password you are referring to, please?

Thank you

Miguel
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Thank you for responding.  We have the wonderful ActivePanels that use the ActivConnect box.  To download from Google Play store we added the download Google Services for ActivConnect from Promethean Support.  We connected the google services using the teachers' school e-mail address.  After a few days, we kept getting warnings that for google privacy policy settings we had to add a password, pin or pattern.  We chose to add an universal password (the same one teachers' use for their desktops).  This has worked wonderfully since we had the boards installed in October.  This teacher left her board on and unattended and we think someone  may have switched the password.  Many times teachers put the board on guest when they are not present but this one did not.

I read on the Promethean support page that you can reset to factory settings but I can't even get to the settings.  When the board is turned on you get a lock screen that asks for password and at this time we don't have one for that board :(  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! This is the first time this has happened. 
  • Hello ChristieLewis,

To resolve this issue you will need to hardware reset the ActivConnect box.

You possibly could add a new user but if not then a hardware reset will be required. I have provided details on how to do this below: 

1. With the unit powered off attach the USB keyboard and an HDMI to a monitor or ActivPanel (touch is NOT required at this stage).
    2. Using a paperclip (or similar) press the recessed Reset switch which is between the HMDI and Ethernet ports on the unit.
    3. Whilst keeping the reset button pressed, plug in the power. Keep the reset button pressed for 10 seconds then release.
    4. The device should now boot into a system menu. Using the keyboard's up and down keys and return key, select 'Wipe data/factory reset.
    5. Select Yes on the next screen.
    6. The device will return to the initial system menu - select 'Reboot system now.
    7. The device will now reboot and should be reset to original factory settings.

Please let me know if you need any further support. 

Craig 
  • rperezrperez Posts: 2
    The above issue is happening to one of our panels.
    What or exactly do we proceed with step number 1?
  • Hi rperez,

You will need a USB keyboard to be connected to the USB/OTG port on the ActivConnect G-series.
    Please then follow the steps mentioned and this will allow you to reset the ActivConnect G-series.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • CByrneCByrne Posts: 1
    When I am typing my passwords on the board, the letter shows as I am typing, students can obviously see what it is. How do I hide the letters from view? 
  • In the ActivConnect's Settings, look under the 'Personal' heading for the Security settings.

In those settings there is a 'Make Passwords Visible" setting that can be toggled on and off as needed.  When off, only dots would be seen when inputting the characters for the device's Password instead of dots replacing any previously-typed characters.