|

Using a microphone with Promethean board

Hi,

Is it possible to connect a microphone to the board itself so that it outputs directly through the Promethean speakers?  I have students who will be giving presentations and I would like to use the board speakers for their delivery if possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• TylersTylers Posts: 2
    Nevermind.  I needed a stereo to mono cable and it worked just fine.
  • Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean Posts: 190 mod
    Hi Tylers,

Thanks for posting.  I am glad you managed to solve your issue, if you need anything please let us know!

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support
  • kellystoppkellystopp Posts: 1
    I would love to know what I need to do to make this happen in my classroom! I've been searching for this answer in other places. I have microphones that plug into my laptop for speech to text. Is that all I need? 
    Thanks!
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,820 admin
    Hi kellystopp,

This would depend on what model of ActivBoard you are using.
    If you have a 300/500 series there is a port for a Microphone to be connected to this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• MickMick Posts: 2
    I've an Activboard vr 5.1 and I have plugged in a microphone but I am still not able to caputre any recordings - is there something I am missing?
  • Hi Mick,

Thanks for posting.

Are you using an ActivBoard 300 or 500 series? The model number will be located on the left hand side.
    Your Mic would need to be plugged in to the Mic to PC port on the amplifier:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1412

You will also need to ensure that your microphone is selected as the default recording device on your computers sound options and that this is also set correctly in the application that you are using.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • MickMick Posts: 2
    edited on February 7 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me.  As you can see I don't have a Mic to PC port simply a Mic...
  • Hi Mick,

Thanks for posting.

This is an ActivPanel rather than the ActivBoard.

You'll need to have your Microphone connected to your laptop (or device that you wish to use the microphone on) and adjust your computer settings accordingly.
    Depending on the application that you are using to record your microphone, this may need adjusting too.

Kind regards,
    Adam