|

Promethean ACON1-G ActivConnect G-Series

We are going through a zscaler proxy. I have setup the device with the proper setting but the update seems to be blocked. Is there a way I can manually download the update files?

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,464 admin
    Hi coasttech,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

It may be necessary to whitelist the following URLs, as these will locate any updates that are provided to the ActivConnect G-Series:

•    https://otaupdate.prometheanworld.com 
    •    cdn-otaupdate.prometheanworld.com

To check if you are already running the latest version, you can follow the below steps:

Tap the setting icon in the bottom left corner.

User-added image

Tap the gear icon.

User-added image

Tap Update.

User-added image

The latest version is 1.0.18.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • coasttechcoasttech Posts: 24
    I did all of the above. Did not work for me. 
    Hi coasttech,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you entered your proxy details on to the ActivConnect G-series under Settings>Ethernet/Wifi?

You may find the below guide useful when it comes to setting up the network:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/files/public/pdfs/TP-2046-EN-V01.PDF

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Proxy is setup. Aside from that, we were not able to use our internal proxy as the input field would not let us continue with url also we have the ability for devices to automatically detect proxy but that is not an option as well.
    Hi coasttech,

What is your current software version on the ActivConnect G-series? 

Also, could you provide a screenshot of any error messages that occur when you attempt to upgrade the software version?

The administrators guide to the ActivConnect G-series I posted previously references ports that need to be available on the network which specifically looks for updates on the device.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    With the provisions you have given me to whitelist and proxy setup they do not update. Proxy issue is a side rant but still important.. I have updated them over 4g but it is not ideal. 

I will check the ports tomorrow and screenshot you.
  • Hi coasttech,

The screenshots will really help.

Once we have them we can look into your issue further.

Thank you,

Craig
    The only ports referred to in the Network Requirements are for Mirroring. So I am not sure that would affect the update working or not. 
    Hi coasttech,

Thanks for providing this photo. This is definitely looking to be some form of networking error as you were able to update over a 4g connection. 

Providing that the following URLs are whitelisted on the network, these will locate any updates that are provided to the ActivConnect G-Series and update:

•    https://otaupdate.prometheanworld.com 
    •    cdn-otaupdate.prometheanworld.com

If you are still experiencing issues, it may be necessary to contact your network administrator. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
    We have added these as discussed already and it still does not work. I guess the solution is to just update over 4g. 
    For argument sake I have contacted zscaler to see if it is whitelisted correctly. Hopefully I messed it up or there is no fix. 
    zscaler has confirmed that the whitelist is configured correctly. I will deal with 4g and focus on the other issues. 
    Hi coasttech,

Thanks for your reply. 
    It does seem odd that you are experiencing this issue as we have sold the device globally and not had this previously raised with Technical Support.

When you use the zscaler proxy on a computer, how do you normally enter the details? Is this by logging in to a website or filling in the details to your Internet settings?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Proxy cert installed and when the user goes to browse the Internet there is a one time request to authenticate their credentials.
    Hi coasttech,

Have you gone to a web browser on the ActivConnect G-series and authenticated the one time request using their credentials?
    Does this work?

We had a similar question raised by a customer who we had recommended this to and they had never come back in touch so we assumed that this may have helped with their issue.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    authenticating does not fix the issue. 
    Thanks for the reply.

What happens when you try to do this on the web browser? 
    Does this attempt to download a certificate at all?

Kind regards,
    Adam