|

Problem with import to ActiveInspire of pdf and ppt files

Hi everyone!
I have a problem with importation of the ppt and pdf files to ActivInspire using Windows 7 Professional 64 bits. Is ActivInspire compatible with this Windows version?

Answers

• Hi Everton,

Thanks for reaching out via our support community. ActivInspire is supported for use with this version of Windows.

What sort of issue are you running into when importing ppt and pdf files?

Are you getting an error message? If so, a screenshot of that error would be great.

What version of ActivInspire are you using? The latest version (2.9) can be found at https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activinspire

Thanks
    Michael
    Promethean Support
  • MikeMike Posts: 47
    I've found that ppt files that have certain characters in their name (or even a space) can't be imported.  It may be worth a shot to rename the file as a single word and try to import.
  • EvertonEverton Posts: 2
    Hi,

The problem was solved!
    It was necessary to change the antivirus rules to make the import work.
    Thanks.

• Hello Everton,

That's great!

Thank you for letting us know. 

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Craig 
  • AllanPAllanP Posts: 1
    Good Day 

I have the latest version of ActivInspire and when importing PPTx files on office 2016 i get the following error.
    "Powerpiont source file is incorrect"

I urgently need a solution for this. 

Can some one please help me asap.

Regards and Thanks  

Allan  

• Hi AllanP 

Thanks for your post.  This issue is normally caused by one of two things.  Firstly, if the file name is too long or contains any special characters then this is the most common cause, please try re-naming as a shorter file name containing only letters or numbers.

The second cause can be the file path is too long, if you try moving the file to the root of the computers "C" drive and try and import it from there.

Pelase let us know if either of these suggestions resolve your issue.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support