|

Trouble mirroring on my flat panel from ios AirPlay and ActivCast.

My interactive flat panel and iPhone are both on the same wifi network. I have tried scanning the QR code with the ActivCast App and I have also tried manually entering the 9 digit connection ID number. However, I receive this error message on my phone each time, "Device Not Found : The device cannot be reached and is probably not on your local area network. Please make sure the device is turned on." I have also tried AirPlay Mirroring on my phone and again I get an error message that reads "Unable to connect." I just attended a professional development on my promethean board and wrote down the instructions for how to mirror from my ios device but nothing seems to work! What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 715 mod
    Is the device connected to the ActivPanel which is being mirrored to one of our Windows-based ClassFlow Connect devices or an Android-based ActivConnect G device?

Which version of iOS is on the iPhone which you are attempting to mirror?

Have any other devices on the same network as the ClassFlow Connect or ActivConnect G in use been able to mirror to that device?
  • SDavySDavy Posts: 3
    I am also having this issue. I've tried it with my New MacBook Air which is fully updated.
    In your case, @SDavy, we would like to know similar information; the version of macOS on the computer which is being mirrored, whether the device is a Windows-Based ClassFlow Connect or an Android-Based ActivConnect G, and whether other devices or computers have been able to mirror to that ClassFlow Connect or ActivConnect.

Additionally, we would want to know if, on that Mac, using the ActivCast Sender extension for Google Chrome was able to successfully mirror to the ActivConnect G or ClassFlow Connect device.
    My MacBook is operating on version 10.12.1 MacOS Sierra. 

The problem is this- the very first day I got my brand new ActivPanel, I was able to mirror through the android G-Series device on the panel. Since then, it wasn't working and I was using my AppleTV. On my iPad, I was able to download ActivConnect but that's not even an option in the app store on my Mac. 
    Now, I'm receiving the same message of not being able to connect on the Android G-Series Promethean. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 mod
    Hi SDavy

Can you please ensure that the ActivConnect is updated to 1.0.19. You can update this by going into the settings and then click the update option (green upwards pointing arrow). Once there you can select to perform an online update. 
    Hi @James Promethean- I got the ActivCast figured out but now how can I use ActivCast to mirror from my computer and the sound come through the flat panel instead of just my laptop?
    When using AirPlay in macOS to mirror to the ActivConnect device, make sure that the audio output selected (under 'Sound') in System Preferences on the Mac is the ActivConnect Device to which the Mac is being mirrored.

From that point, the audio from the Mac should play through the Panel to which the ActivConnect is connected to over HDMI.  The Volume can be controlled though the Mac, the ACtivConnect G device, or the Panel.
  • tluedketluedke Posts: 2
    Hi, We are having this same issue with iPads that are updated to iOS 11 and higher. Our Panels are currently on version 1.0.21. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hi tluedke,

Which issue are you experiencing exactly? The no sound issue? Or not being able to mirror?

Thank you

Miguel
    Promethean Technical Support

• tluedketluedke Posts: 2
    We aren't able to Mirror. 
  • Hi,

This link explains how to mirror - if you have followed these steps and the issue still persists please confirm details below:

- version of Operating system
    - version of ActivConnect-G software
    - how are you trying to mirror?
    - are the devices connected to the exact same network?
    - what happens when you try to mirror?

Thank you

Miguel
  • miclsmithmiclsmith Posts: 1
    I am also experiencing this issue with not being able to mirror either thru AirPlay or using the ActivCast Sender app on iPads.  All we get is a black screen after you tap on Allow.  Some of the iPads are 11.2 and some are 10.3.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,270 admin
    Hi miclsmith,

Thank you for posting.

Please can you confirm your version of ActivConnect G-series? If you are using a version previous to 1.0.21 (the latest at the time of this post), please update and let us know if this helps.
    Do other devices allow mirroring without showing a black screen?

Thanks
    Adam
  • I am unable to mirror using my iphone (ios 11.2.5). The ActivConnect (latest version) is android based. I am connected to the same network. I tried using AirPlay and the ActivCast Sender (the app only shows directions for using AirPlay). On my phone I am able to see the device name (of the ActivPanel).  When I select it, a request for the device password appears.  When I type the four digit pin, the same password request pops up (I know I am typing the correct pin). That is as far as I am able to get.  Any suggestions as to how to make this work?  I am able to easily mirror using a Chromebook, but would really like to be able to use my phone. I have also attempted unsuccessfully to use the QR Code and type in the Connection ID.

Thanks!

• Hi jfaulkner,

I've tested the ActivConnect G-series which is on version 1.026 (which is the latest at the time of this post) with an iPhone running 11.2.5 and have not experienced any issues with mirroring. 
    I suspect you may be on an older version of the ActivConnect G-series.

Tap the setting icon in the bottom left corner.

User-added image

Tap the gear icon.

User-added image

Tap Update.

User-added image

Tap Online update.

Let us know if you are using version 1.026 and still have any issues.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• eoin_stakelumeoin_stakelum Posts: 1
    edited on November 7 2018
    Hi,

my Activcast will not cast my ipad screen. The ipad is running on current ios operating system 12.0.1 and I just updated the panel to v2.2.0.0. The app itself is also up to date. I am using the app to cast. They are connected to the same network. When I cast I get this message: "Device Not Found : The device cannot be reached and is probably not on your local area network. Please make sure the device is turned on."

Eoin
  • Hi eoin_stakelum,

Thanks for posting.

To ensure that there is no issue with the network, are you able to create a WIFI hotspot from your phone and connect both the iPad and ActivConnect to this.
    Once connected, please try and mirror.
    Please let us know if this works.

Kind regards
    Adam
    Promethean Support
  • diveydivey Posts: 2

I am not able to mirror either thru AirPlay or using the ActivCast Sender app on iPads.  All we get is a black screen after you tap on Allow.  The ipad is running on current ios operating system 12.0.1 and panel to v2.2.0.0. They are connected to the same network.  It work fine when I use my iphone but the ipad is just a black screen.

• Hi divey

I have responded to you on your forum post on the below:
    https://community.prometheanworld.com/en/discussion/7002929/i-cant-project-my-ipad-with-activcast-but-i-can-with-my-iphone

Thanks
    Adam