|

Is there an app that replaces the projector remote? Thanks

docloudoclou Posts: 1
Is there an app that replaces the projector remote? Thanks

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,709 admin
    Hi doclou,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

There isn't an app available that can control the projector like a remote. 
    If you have lost/misplaced this we would recommend purchasing a replacement projector remote.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • ajyajy Posts: 2
    If you are using Android which can generate an IR beam,  there is an app called Control-it! which offers a number of 'emulators'/  I'm using it on a Samsung 5 with a 'Vivitek' emulator to substitute for a broken remote for a PRM-35.   The app does generate a number of ad screens on the way... but it fills the gap for now.
  • I am a science teacher at a title one school(low income). The remotes are not made well and brake much faster then the boards. In addition they are VERY expensive for our limited budget (zero). Please help! I have a board that cannot be used. Be a good corporate citizen. Help the next generation of innovators. Why can i only turn it on with a remote? 
  • The lack of a power button on our Promethean-branded Projectors was a security feature, designed to render the projector inoperable if stolen and to prevent students or other unauthorized users from affecting the projector's settings.

For information about the pricing and availability of replacement remotes for our projectors, we would recommend reaching out to a Promethean Salesperson in your area.