|

ABV378S300 Firmware upgrade failure

JBoswellJBoswell Posts: 3
edited on June 29 2017 in Interactive Whiteboards
Hello,

We are trying to upgrade the firmware on 2 boards (from V8.04 Build 0 to the V8.10) but both keep failing to finish the upgrade.  We are doing this as an upgrade to Windows 10 v1703 has caused the boards to not recognise the pen's anymore (the light on the icon in the top left of the board does not change when the pen comes into contact with it).

Any suggestions on why the upgrade is failing?  The software see's the boards but fails to initialise the firmware upgrade downloaded from the 

Thanks

Jason

Best Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,210 mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hey JBoswell,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

As you are receiving the error message on this 2 ActivBoards, I would recommend powering off the ActivBoard fully from the mains. If your projector is in the same power socket ensure that this is turned off prior to switching off at the mains.
    Once turned off, remove your USB cable from the computer. Restart your computer, turn on the ActivBoard and projector and connect your USB cable once you have logged on to the computer (not whilst it's starting up). 
    Try the firmware again and this should complete.

If you still have the error occur, I would recommend testing another computer, one that works with an ActivBoard of the same model and try and upgrade the firmware on this computer.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • JBoswellJBoswell Posts: 3
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for the suggestion Adam, we will visit the room and try what you have suggested.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,210 mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hi JBoswell

Let us know if you still need any help  :) 

Thanks
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

Answers

• JBoswellJBoswell Posts: 3
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for the advice, we managed to get the latest firmware on the boards by following your advice and also, connecting the boards to the pc's by using a shorter USB cable.   Once the latest firmware was on the boards we were able to connect to them via our old setup and re-configure the boards.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated!!

Cheers

Jason