|

ActivWall Whiteboard Ideas

Hi everyone! I am looking for new ways to suggest using the whiteboard feature of the ActivWall. Below are some ideas that I've already reviewed. I would love to head any other suggestions you have. Thank you!

Right now, I am just working on the whiteboard feature for those teachers who are intimidated by this type of technology. We are starting with the basics.  :+)

Whiteboard Suggestions:

·        Word races (Spelling with phonics rules, letter/sound substitution)

·        Math facts races

·        Sentence breakdown and identification of nouns/verbs/adj

·        Graphic Organizers (take pictures with the camera)

·        Large group bubble maps

·        Comprehension checks – work on all story elements at one time

Any help would be wonderful! All grade levels

Best Answer

• Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 487 mod
    Accepted Answer

The Instant Whiteboard feature of the ClassFlow Connect being used with your ActivWall can be used to create notes or lessons on an ad hoc basis. No function of the Instant Whiteboarding feature would allow for anything drawn there to be saved as a for later use, but you can take a picture of the annotations made in Instant Whiteboarding which can be inserted into other software such as ActivInspire or the ClassFlow.com online application.

We would recommend instead utilizing the ActivInspire software or ClassFlow.com to create these lessons for later presentation on the ActivWall. 

Answers

• bassca2bassca2 Posts: 2

The Instant Whiteboard feature of the ClassFlow Connect being used with your ActivWall can be used to create notes or lessons on an ad hoc basis. No function of the Instant Whiteboarding feature would allow for anything drawn there to be saved as a for later use, but you can take a picture of the annotations made in Instant Whiteboarding which can be inserted into other software such as ActivInspire or the ClassFlow.com online application.       

We would recommend instead utilizing the ActivInspire software or ClassFlow.com to create these lessons for later presentation on the ActivWall. 

I appreciate your response. I love ActivInspire and ClassFlow, but I was just asking for the very basics on ideas that others have used with just the whiteboard feature. Very simple start of introduction for some friends to eliminate anyone being overwhelmed. Thank you again! 
  • We understand what is being looked for in this case, but do want to emphasize that the Instant Whiteboard function lacks nearly all the features that would be used in making any lesson or activity.  The Whiteboard only has the ability to change pen colors and width, to erase all writings made in the Whiteboard, and to take picture of the whiteboard (saved as a picture file) for later reference in a picture viewer or to be inserted in other documents.

Features such as the ability to add and move objects (e.g. Shapes, Text, inserted pictures), insert objects from outside sources (websites, cameras, and other files), and to save the created lessons for later use and editing are available within our other software offerings (ActivInspire and ClassFlow).  Videos on using features of our software to create and present lessons are available on Promethean’s YouTube page and on the YouTube page for ClassFlow.