|

ActivPanel with ActivConnectG - No Signal

I have verified cables are connected correctly and the panel input is set correctly. I still get No Signal on the panel.  To correct, I have to unplug the ActivConnectG and reconnect. How do I prevent having to unplug every time?

Answers

• When the 'No Signal' message appears, take note of the HDMI Port into which the ActivConnect G is connected.  Press the SOURCE button on either the Panel or its remote and ensure that HDMI port is selected as the input source.  Article 1571 from Promethean Support will advise you further on this process.

If the Input to which the ActivConnect is plugged in is chosen and no video image is present Please try using a different HDMI cable to make the connection and try connecting a different device with an HDMI output (e.g. a Blu-Ray player, a computer, or a different ActivConnect G device, etc.).  

Do also try connecting your ActivConnect G to a different HDMI port on the Panel (if one is present, replacing temporarily anything plugged into that port) and select that port from the SOURCE menu on the Panel.
  • kgodfreykgodfrey Posts: 17
    Thanks Jarrad. To follow up.....the correct HDMI port is selected as the input source.  Different HDMI cable does not change the outcome.  The problem occurs after the panel is switched off....and then back on. So each morning, the teacher switches on the panel and get the No Signal message. Then....she selects the input and verifies it is set correctly. Still No Signal.  The only way we have found to correct the issue is to remove the power from the ActivConnect itself...reattach the power and then restart the panel. 
  • Is there also a lack of video signal seen when a computer or other video playback device (or a different ActivConnect G, if one is available) is connected to that HDMI port on the Panel instead of the ActivConnect G?  This will help us to determine whether the behavior is being caused by the Panel or by the ActivConnect G device in use, and direct further troubleshooting accordingly.
  • bajadabajada Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem.  The only way to way to get a signal is to remove and replace the power source to the ActivConnect.

• Hi bajada,

To clarify, is the issue resolved by reconnecting the existing power supply or by connecting another known working power supply?

If the resolution is reconnecting the same power supply, kindly confirm the software version of the ActivConnect G series. 

Tap the setting icon in the bottom left corner.

User-added image

Tap the gear icon.

User-added image

Tap Update.

User-added image

The version number will be listed in the center of the screen. This should be at 1.0.21.

User-added image

Thanks,
    Michael
    Promethean Support
  • soliversoliver Posts: 1
    We have a brand new activpanel mounted to the wall in a classroom that has stopped working and we do not know how to troubleshoot. It was just installed this summer and really never used and I saw it working that day but now nothing. The power was likely unplugged when the classroom was being cleaned. Now we cannot do anything at all and it is just shutting down on its own after a minute or two so no access to settings or to change ability sources at all. One time we got to settings and we tried all possible things and finally chose to reset to default and now we cannot even get back to that. We have unplugged from wall and followed some directions on here but no change. Help! 
  • Hi soliver,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

I'll contact you by email with further information.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • I am having the same issue as the original post.  Some people have responded that they can unplug it and plug back in and then get it to work.  Even that has not solved my issue.  This panel is brand new and worked when it was installed in late June, but sat dormant for the summer, only to have this issue when I returned Tuesday.  I have only seen the home screen once, on the day it was installed.  It does allow me to go to the menu to input media from a USB drive, but I cannot get the home screen.   I posted this as a new question but then found this post and thought it would be helpful to attach my question to a similar thread.  Thanks.
  • Hi skuzma,

I've seen your post on the below link and responded:
    https://community.prometheanworld.com/en/discussion/7002094/activpanel-now-shows-no-signal-instead-of-home-screen#latest

Thanks
    Adam

• I have the exact same problem. Only way to reconnect is to turn off the power and switch it back on. My sockets are high up so I need a step ladder every time. Board is brand new, only installed last week. 
  • Hi cmarie,

If you connect the ActivConnect to another port on the screen do you have the same issue?
    Does it also happen with a laptop/PC?

Thank you

Miguel
  • I have tried everything and the "No Signal" prompt continues to appear.
  • Hi teacherantoine,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

If you are still experiencing issues with connecting other sources to the ActivPanel directly (bypassing any wallboxes or connectivity panels) then we would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly with your serial number for further advice.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • MegKMegK Posts: 1
    I have tried everything and the "No Signal" prompt continues to appear.
    I have had this happens many times.  The fix has been Power off the ActivConnect. Frustrating this is happening during class.
    I'm hoping they have a fix soon.