|

ActivConnect G-Series Network time

coasttechcoasttech Posts: 30
The options for these are automatically get the time or manually get the time. If we manually set the time on these they seem to go out of time and need to be corrected quite often. If we choose automatic it can go way off. 

Is there a way for me to know where it is automatically pulling the time from? Also is there a way for me to set where it should be pulling the time from?

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,325 admin
    Hi coasttech,

The automatic option for the Date and Time is being pulled from the network itself. 
    There is no option that would allow you to set where the time is being pulled from.

If you still have any issues I would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and provide your ActivConnect G-series serial number (located on the device) so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• coasttechcoasttech Posts: 30
    We are a new school and our server vm was just rebuilt months ago. We have no issue with time settings on anything over the network. So if it is pulling time from our server it is the ONLY thing in the school with an issue. 

Is it using NTP?
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,325 admin
    Hi coasttech,

If you change the Time Zone to your area, does this help get the time to stay correct?

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support