|

Laptop not recognize board in ActivDriver

Hello, I have Interactive Promethean ActivBoard and laptop Windows 10. Latest ActivDriver, laptop cant reconize a board in Activeboard, but touch is working but I need calibrate the board, I try too on older ActiveBoard and Win7 but too is not connected. I try change the USB cable and reinstall SW, but not working. Where can be a problem? Thank you.

Answers

• Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean Posts: 501 mod
    Hi martin5504

To help us look into the issue can you please provide us with the model of ActivBoard you have? To help you find the model can you please take a look at the below support article: 

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1088

We will also need to know the length of your USB cable, is the ActivBoard connected directly or do you use a wall box/face plate? 

I know you mentioned you have installed the latest driver but can I ask you to confirm the version. 

Once we have this information we will be able to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Craig

Promethean Technical Support. 

• martin5504martin5504 Posts: 8
    I dont know model, I cant find nowhere some model information. Lenth is less than 3 metres, and is connect directly to board. ActivDrive have version 5.16.7.
    Hi martin5504

The reason we asked the model is some of the ActivBoards don't show in the ActivManager. 

Do you need to calibrate the ActivBoard or is there another issue you need the ActivDriver for? 

Kind regards,

Craig 

I need only calibrate, touch is working, but not right, so I need calibrate, but I cant calibrate if program says board is not connected.
    Hi martin5504

From your description, I think you have an ActivBoardTouch. This model of ActivBoard doesn't show in the ActivManager as it shouldn't need calibration.

You can calibrate using the Windows calibration tool if you wish. To do this click on Start > Control panel > Search pen and Touch (this will only show when the ActivBoard is connected) > Calibrate. 

If you continue to have an issue please contact us directly with the serial number using the link below: 

https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

Kind regards,

Craig

I tried with Windows Calibrate but not working, calibrate is still same.
    Hi martin5504 , 

Ok, I think we will need to look into the issue a little further. 

Can you contact us directly using the below link: 

https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

Please quote reference: 768856. 

We will need the serial number of your ActivBoard. 

Kind regards, 

Craig

But where I find serial number, if is not on Board? :/
    Hi martin5504

Yes, the serial number is usually on a stick on the actual ActivBoard. If you take a look at the below support article it will show you where to find the serial number on the different ActivBoards: 

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1088

Thank you,

Craig

Hello I have update, the problem is on PC, I have Win 10 and for my board is no drivers, only for Vista and olders, my board was bought 2007 year but still dont have info about serial number, only photo of board.

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,127 admin
    Hi martin5504,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried to download and install the ActivDriver from the below link?
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

Going off the age of the ActivBoard that you have mentioned, this will most likely be part of our 2nd generation product range, if you'd like to attach a photo of the ActivBoard for confirmation please do so.
    The 2nd generation ActivBoards do require the ActivDriver to be installed to detect the ActivBoard and make this interactive. You mentioned on your first post that you did have touch? Does this appear to be interacting correctly besides the calibration issue you mentioned still?

Is the ActivBoard correctly interacting when using other computers?

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
    Yes touch is working, because Windows is himself install driver (USB Input device) and touch is working without ActivDrive but not with calibrate. And yes i install ActivDrive from this page. And no is not working on any computer, I try another two, one with Win 10 and other with Win7.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,127 admin
    Hi martin5504,

Thanks for providing a photo of your ActivBoard.
    For confirmation, this is the ActivBoard Touch which was released around 2013. 
    If your ActivBoard does not show within the ActivManager Control Panel (where you go to usually calibrate the ActivBoard) this could indicate being one of the first models of the 2 Touch ActivBoard that were released where this didn't show within ActivManager however we will need a serial number to verify this.
    I will send you an email soon with further instructions.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

Okey, I already find out the serial number.
  • MartinWtfMartinWtf Posts: 2
    have exactly same problem, what have to do to solve this
  • @martinwtf, Can you confirm the product code from your ActivBoard's Serial Number label?  The support article referenced previously (1088) can help you locate that label on the ActivBoard.  With that, we can determine if similar steps to correct @martin5504's issue can be attempted.
  • MartinWtfMartinWtf Posts: 2
    edited on May 10 2018
    yes here is

PRODUCT CODE: ACTIVEBOARDTOUCH78

SERIAL NUMBER:  [[REDACTED BY MOD]]
  • Thank you for that confirmation, @MartinWtf.

I will be sending an e-mail to the address used to create your account on this community with further troubleshooting steps and instructions.