|

Release Notes for ActivInspire v2.10.66827 (released 31 July 2017)

Laura CLaura C Posts: 67 admin
edited on August 2 2017 in Software Solutions

Functionality Changes

=====================

- Support for Linux Ubuntu 16.04 32-bit to run on 32-bit machine

- Support for Linux Ubuntu 16.04 32-bit to run on 64-bit machine

- ClassFlow Server Settings update

- Dual User available on an ActivPanel 5 (Mac/Linux Ubuntu)

Bug Fixes

========= 

- ActivInspire crashes when using calculator

- ActivInspire crashes when logging into ClassFlow

- User created Profiles are not visible after a reboot

- Extra Spotlight tool launches with black screen

- Self Paced Assessment: Question set not starting from the beginning each time

Comments

• KDOKDO Posts: 3
    in my case the dual user functionality did not works 

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,554 admin
    Hi KDO,

Thanks for pointing this out.

We are currently looking in to this.

As soon as we know more we will let you know.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Hi,

I cannot choose "Touch input handling" in "Settings" - "Dual Mode Activboards", when ActivInspire operated without Activboard.
    Have you changed features?
    Or is it bug?

Thanks,
    Junko
    Hi Junko Nishiyama,

Thanks for posting.

This isn't a bug in the ActivInspire software. This was changed in earlier versions of the software but specifically, this option is what communicates with the ActivBoard using the ActivDriver. The ActivInspire software will best determine which option should be set for your ActivBoard once connected.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Hi KDO,

To follow up regarding the Dual user feature with an ActivPanel v5, this has been amended on our release notes that this is supported in Mac and Linux Ubuntu.

- Dual User available on an ActivPanel 5 (Mac/Linux Ubuntu)

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Hi Adam,

I get that point.

Thanks,

Junko

• Will the Dual User feature also be available for the windows version of ActiveInspire, maybe with the next release?
  • Hi dogcatmouse,

Thanks for your post.

We have raised this with our development team, we don't yet have any ETA on when this may be implemented into the software.

Should this be fixed in future releases we will post the release notes on the Support Community.

Thanks,
    Adam
  • The Zoom Page with pen functionality has been removed after this last update.  Is that something that will be fixed in the future?
  • Hi rvrm1969,

Thanks for your reply.
    I've seen your other post on this thread, I'll help respond to this particular issue on there so we can identify the cause of this.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Hi, I'm extremely new to all this, just got the activpanel last week at work.  I've been searching videos on how to use activinspire and all of them say to go to "profile" to make specific profiles and toolbars, etc, but I can not find the profile option at all.  Even the "help" file in the program says "From the Edit Menu, select Profiles. The 'Layout' Tab opens in the 'Edit Profiles' Dialog Box" or select profiles from the floating dock.  I can not find it anywhere.  Is it not in the new version and if not, how do I configure the dock with the tools I prefer?  Thank you.
  • Hi kanniballi,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community and for choosing Promethean hardware in your school.

The features that you have mentioned which are missing from your version will most likely be due to the Personal edition being used rather than the Professional edition.
    Your ActivPanel hardware will come with an ActivInspire activation key (this starts with 0015 or 0016). 
    You can simply obtain this activation key, open ActivInspire and click on Help>About>Register (for Windows OS) or ActivInspire>About ActivInspire>Register (for Mac OS), fill in the details in this area, accept the Terms and Conditions and click on OK. This will then upgrade ActivInspire to the Professional edition when you restart the software.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • I updated to Activinspire 2.10 this week (9/25/17). The pens stop working at all when I launch activinspire on my MacBook Pro OS Sierra 10.12.6.  The pens work with the board until I launch Activinspire.  Help Please!  
  • E. H.E. H. Posts: 12
    edited on September 2 2017
    And still there is no support of Wacom-tablets, I had to revert back to 2.4 :( 

You can't write properly with this version using a wacom-tablet. The only one which still works is 2.4
  • Hi E. H.,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.
    It does appear that this option has stopped working since ActivInspire 2.10 was released, however, ActivInspire 2.9 should still work for your Wacom Tablet.
    We will raise this with our development team to address for future releases.

Thanks,
    Adam
  • Hi michael_Robertson71,
    Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to this issue described, this is most likely related to the ActivDriver. 
    Please ensure you are using the latest which is ActivDriver 5.16.7 which can be downloaded on the below link for Mac:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/files/public/software/ActivDriver v5.16.7.dmg

If you still experience any issues, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Hi.
    I cannot start Activinspire on Ubuntu 16.04
    ~$ inspire
        Unable to load library icui18n "Cannot load library icui18n: (icui18n: cannot open shared     object file: No such file or directory)"
        Promethean: Open lock
        Promethean: Global locking...

after that nothing happens.
    I tried:
    ~$ ldconfig -p | grep icui18n
        libicui18n.so.55 (libc6) => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libicui18n.so.55
        libicui18n.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libicui18n.so

~$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libicui18n.so.55 /usr/lib/icui18n

But then I get:

~$ inspire
        Unable to find symbols in icui18n
        Promethean: Open lock
        Promethean: Global locking...

Please help!

• Hi Grigoriy,

Thanks for posting.

It looks like you are missing some dependencies such as icui18n on the operating system.
    We would recommend ensuring that you have the correct dependencies installed.

Thanks
    Adam

• Hi, Adam.
    I noticed that the problem only appears after installing activdriver and connecting the panel via usb. I use usb 2.0 and a short cable. When connecting a panel to usb, dmesq log looks like:
    BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 0804993f
    IP: CheckForFirmwareUpgradeCommand+0x14/0x1d0 [promethean]
    I still can not use Activinspire ...

P.S.: sorry for my bad English

• Hi Grigoriy,

Thanks for replying.

Have you installed the latest version of the ActivDriver? What version are you using?
    At what stage do you get this error? As soon as you connect the ActivPanel?
    Is ActivInspire open when you connect the ActivPanel?

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Hi, Adam.
    I'm using activdriver Architecture: i386 Version: 5.16.7-0~Ubuntu~1604.
    Such problem occurs as soon as I connect the ActivPanel. In attachments is the full log from dmesg.
    Activinspire & Activmanager does not work when ActivPanel is connected to a computer.
    I can run Activinspire only after unplugging ActivPanel and rebooting my computer.
    Maybe I should try a different version of the driver? Could you give me a link to an older or newer version?
  • upd.
    memtest is ok.
  • Hi Grigoriy,

Thanks for your reply.

With regard to the issue raised, this is one of the Promethean ActivBoards either 300/500 series which has been out for some time. 
    Can you advise what has changed to the set up on the computer since this ActivBoard was installed?

If you get another known working computer and test this on the ActivBoard does this work?

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Activboard works perfectly with my windows laptop.
    I updated the BIOS and tried to reinstall Ubuntu several times, but it didn't help.