|

Board Freezes and is not interactive.

My board constantly freezes up/stalls after about 30 minutes of usage. Once it freezes, it stays on the screen despite restarting or unplugging. When frozen, the touchscreen features are inactive. I am not enabling the freeze option that is standard with the board. The only way to unfreeze is to reset the surge protector that the board is plugged in to. Can someone advise me on the issue?

Answers

• If this is occurring on an ActivPanel which has an ActivConnect G plugged into it, make sure that device is plugged into the highest-numbered ports on that Panel.  On an ActivPanel version 5, for example, this would be HDMI 3 and TOUCH 3.  Then Power off the Panel and ActivConnect and power them back on after about 20-30 seconds.
  • It froze up again after completing all of the steps that you suggested. The other members of my team are also having the same issue. 
  • Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 475 mod
    edited on August 7 2017
    At this point, we will need confirmation of two version numbers pertaining to the Panel's firmware versions:
    • Article 1584 will direct you on where to locate the firmware version number of the Panel's bezel, which generally controls the touch interactions at the board.  You will need to have a computer with our ActivDriver installed on it connected to the Panel with HDMI and USB (HDMI 1 and TOUCH 1, if available) and the HDMI input in use selected through the Panel's source menu to read this information.
    • Article 1627 will help you locate the Mainboard Firmware on the Panel, which would handle all of the internal workings of the Panel's hardware.  We would recommend using the Panel's remote to navigate the menus described in those steps, although you can use the buttons on the front of the panel to do so.

• We have brand new boards and a couple of them are doing the same thing. They told us to increase our bandwidth. It sounds like it's a problem with their ActivCast though.
  • Hi kedwards ,

Regarding the boards that are having the same issue - is the cabling, pc setup exactly the same across all boards? (even the ones that are working fine)

Thank you

Miguel
    Promethean Technical Support

• Yes. I talked to tech support yesterday and they said to try to increase bandwidth. There are no differences so we aren't sure what the actual cause is. It may be that that one teacher is using it more than the others. Again, we have only been in school for one week so we will see the more we use them. Everything is updated.
  • Hi Kedwards,

So that we can determine if an update is needed, we will need to confirm the two  firmware version numbers pertaining to the Activpanel.
    On the Support website, support.prometheanworld.com, 
    -Article 1584 will direct you on where to locate the firmware version number of the Panel's bezel, which generally controls the touch interactions at the board.  You will need to have a computer with our ActivDriver installed on it connected to the Panel with HDMI and USB (HDMI 1 and TOUCH 1, if available) and the HDMI input in use selected through the Panel's source menu to read this information.
    -Article 1627 will help you locate the Mainboard Firmware on the Panel, which would handle all of the internal workings of the Panel's hardware.  We would recommend using the Panel's remote to navigate the menus described in those steps, although you can use the buttons on the front of the panel to do so.
    Please provide us with both firmware versions.