|

PPT or Google Slides in presentation mode

I can't exit out of the presentation mode on my panel after presenting the slides. I cannot get back to the home screen of the panel. The only way I can get back is to shut it off and turn the panel back on. Does anyone have a better fix? 

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,986 admin
    Hi etrem,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the issue you are experiencing, please can you advise if you are using the ActivConnect G-series to perform your presentation? 
    If so, what application have you used to show your slides? 

If on the ActivConnect G-series, if you swipe up from the bottom, this should bring up the menu bar which will allow you to use the back arrow and should navigate back.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • JunguyenJunguyen Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am experiencing a similar issue on ActivConnect G-series. When I open a Google Slide show, the screen turns black and I am not able to exit the slide show by touching the screen. If I have a keyboard connected to the ActivConnect G, I am able to click on ESC to exit the show.

I am not able to swipe from the bottom or get any type of response via touch when in presentation mode.

thanks,

JN
    Hi Junguyen,

This may be a limitation of the Google Slide show that you have mentioned as I can replicate this also. 
    I'd recommend contacting the Google developers as they will have created this app to be used on the Android OS. 

Kind regards,
    Adam

• coryboughercorybougher Posts: 1
    I have this issue on at least 2 Promethean panels. Is there a solution yet?
    Hi corybougher,

Thanks for posting, there is no solution to this yet as this appears to be an issue with the Google Slides.
    We'd recommend contacting the developers for further assistance for this application.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • If this is an issue with Google Slides, why does it work correctly on some of our new activpanels and not all?  Four panels that were purchased in the fall have an exit button on the remote that teachers can use to exit a presentation.  Out of the six panels we purchased right before Christmas, three are working exactly like they should with Google Slides and three have to have a keyboard plugged in to escape a slides presentation.  It seems that if it were a Google issue, it would happen on ALL of the boards, not just some.
  • Hi tcarroll,

Thanks for your reply. We will pass on this information to our second-level support team who are aware of this problem and that for some ActivPanels it works and for others it doesn't. 

If you use Google Slides via the web browser rather than the app, you should be able to leave the presentation without the need for a keyboard. Please refer to the following article : https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1637

Kind regards,
    Adam H