|

How do I get my sound to stop crackling and going in and out?

I have an older Promethean board hooked up with a doc camera to my new Dell Inspiron 17 laptop. I have an audio cord from my laptop to the board, but it's crackling, and going in and out. I have tried two different cables and same thing happens. Help please!

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,249 admin
    Hi thomasleaf,
    Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

Do you know the model of your ActivBoard? Does this have built in speakers to the frame of the ActivBoard?

Does the sound crackle only when the doc camera is connecting to the laptop?

Where does the audio cable connect to, is this a wallbox/connectivity panel or directly into the speakers?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Hi Adam!

I am having the crackling speaker problem too except I'm connecting just a Mac, not a doc camera. The board has built in speakers, but I can not figure out what model it is. There is a wall box, but I plugged an aux cord into the side of the board (top port), not the wall box. 

I would appreciate any help! (Our IT guy is non existent)
    Lindsay
  • Hi lteuber,

Thanks for posting.

From your description, it sounds like you have an ActivBoard 300 or 500 series.
    In this instance, for this model of ActivBoard your sound and interaction are carried over a USB connection rather than an audio cable.

Please disconnect your audio cable from the ActivBoard and ensure that the sound settings on your Mac are set to Promethean USB Audio/USB Audio.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support