|

Touch features no longer working!

jlavierjlavier Posts: 3
edited August 2017 in Interactive Flat Panels
I have an ActivPanel Board that will not recognize the touch feature on any of my devices and I have currently tried the following:

1. Changed the USB B cord to a new one.
  2. Switched to multiple computers (laptop and desktop).
  3. Uninstalled the driver in Device Manager and reconnected the USB to a different port (gives me error code 43).
  4. Downloaded the newest versions of ActivDriver and ActivPanel Software on the Promethean website.
  5. Reset the Interactive board to factory settings.
  6. Updated the drivers on the computer itself through the Manufacturers website and used Windows Update. 

There are probably a few other things I tried but can't remember right off and the warranty should still be in effect, so if there is anything else I can do please let me know!

Here is the information on the board:

Model Name: ActivPanel
Model Number: APT2-6S
Serial Number: **Removed by Promethean**

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,742 admin
    Hi jlavier,
    Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to your initial post, I have removed the serial number of the ActivPanel as this is a public forum and this should be kept private.
    For the issue raised, are you connecting the USB cable through any wallboxes or connectivity panels or is this a direct USB cable from the laptop to the ActivPanel Touch USB port?
    If you try a shorter USB cable, preferably less than 3 meters, does this work?

Does the USB port feel in particularly loose?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • jlavierjlavier Posts: 3
    The USB cord is connected directly from the ActivPanel Board to the laptop and the length of the cord itself is around 9 feet. The port on the board is fine and does not appear to be damage in any way. 
    Hi jlavier,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll send you an email directly regarding this issue to further assist.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • mlunnmlunn Posts: 1
    Please can you send me the fix to as i am now having this issue with 6 boards. Getting a code 43 error with USB.
  • leeshielaleeshiela Posts: 1
    Hi, I am having the same issue, can you send me an email as well? The touchscreen capability is not working on the ActivPanel. The USB cord is about 3 ft on my ActivPanel.
  • Hi mlunn & leeshiela,

We will send you an email each in order to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Miguel

• bmchenrybmchenry Posts: 1
    I have 2 65" activpanels with the same issue.  If an email can be sent that would be awesome.

Thanks
  • aamrhineaamrhine Posts: 1
    I also have the same issue. Everything is working but the touchscreen is not. Thank you 
    Hi bmchenryaamrhine,

Usually what we find with no touch is that this is relating to cabling and the device being used.
    From previous cases raised with this issue we would recommend that you are ensuring that the HDMI cable and USB cable match the relevant port. 
    For example, if you are connected to HDMI 4, ensure that the Touch USB cable is going to Touch USB port 4. 

If you are connecting to any wallboxes or faceplates, bypass this and connect directly to the ActivPanel and see if the same issue occurs.

If you still experience any issues please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • jlavierjlavier Posts: 3
    Thanks for all the help. The touch started working again after leaving the board unplugged for a few days. I am not sure why it works now but nothing was changed!
    Hi jlavier,

Thank you for your reply.
    Glad to hear that this has started to work again!

Feel free to get in touch if you have any future issues or questions.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • mrarick4mrarick4 Posts: 2
    I am having the same issue with an Activpanel 3, APT-2 70" board.  I have updated the driver, replaced the short usb cable (connected directly to laptop), tried multiple laptops. Cable does not appear to be loose.  Usually get "unkown device" or error 53.  Constantly makes the usb connecting and disconnecting sound and will even work for a brief moment now and then.
  • mrarick4mrarick4 Posts: 2
    Actually, it is error 43 that I am getting.
    Hi mrarick4,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to this issue, we would recommend testing a direct USB cable bypassing any faceplates or connectivity panels preferably using a 1 meter USB cable if available or less than 3 meter cable.

When connecting to the ActivPanel please try the below:
    1. Select Start, then type device manager in the Search box, and then select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Press and hold (or right-click) the device which relates to the ActivPanel and select Uninstall. 
    3. Once complete, restart your computer and turn the ActivPanel off and on again from using the switch at the side of the ActivPanel. When the computer is restarted it should start to re-install the drivers correctly for the ActivPanel.
    If you still experience any issues please contact Promethean Technical Support directly for further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Hello!

I am having a similar problem with my ActivPanel.

I have noticed that if I am using the HDMI channel that is plugged to the android box behind the panel, the touch works.
    But, if I am using the HDMI channel that I plug in my chromebook, the touch does not work?

What should I troubleshoot?

Bruno
  • Hi BrunoPaquot,

Thanks for posting.

You will need to ensure that your USB cable is connected to your Chromebook and that this is connected to the correct USB Touch port on the ActivPanel that matches your HDMI source. 
    This varies with each of the different ActivPanel models we have but usually, if you are using HDMI 1, you will need to have the USB cable connected to Touch USB 1.
    Please refer to your ActivPanels user guide for information on this.

Kind regards,
    Adam