|

Adding Sound to Countdown Timer

I want to use the countdown timer found in the "Resource Browser". It does not have sound when it reaches zero. I have tried "containing" a sound within the object through the "Property Browser", but I am still not getting any sound when it counts down to zero. How can I solve this problem?

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    Hi esteelk995,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community. 
    The countdown timer as part of the Resource Browser doesn't have an option to include a sound.
    However, as a work around if you click on Tools>More Tools> Clock, you can have this as a countdown timer (count up or down) and have this to play a sound.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • whitechawhitecha Posts: 2
    Is there a way to go back to earlier timer sounds like: bird, duck, dog, etc. The newer version timer sounds are not long, loud, nor repeats, so the kids are currently ignoring all of the new sounds I have tried. 
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    Hi,

Thanks for your post.

The sounds haven't changed to the count down timer. 
    If you have any sounds that you have obtained from online or other materials you could try these.
    Ensure that your sound is also turned up on the computer and if you ActivBoard has built in speakers, ensure that this is at a suitable level.

Thanks
    Adam

• whitechawhitecha Posts: 2
    Hi, 
    Many thanks for your quick reply. But the sounds I have for the version at work now say alarm 1 through 9, or windows shutdown or windows wave.  I've been going through them trying to find one that was loud like the prior cat, dog, etc. And yes, I did turn the volume all the way up, but they were still not loud enough. The version I have at home is still the same. I will call the help desk while at work.  I am just glad that I can get the original timer sounds again. This is an awesome feature.

• ArrinArrin Posts: 1
    How can I add new sounds or the resource pack sounds to my individual flip charts...I would like to mix it up a bit. 
  • Hello Arrin,

If you would like to pick a sound from the pre-existing sound clips in your resource pack, you can simply drag the file you wish to the flipchart.  

Should you wish to discover new sounds to incorporate, you can check out our marketplace. You can find a link to the marketplace in the link below:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1577

Once you have the resources you would like, download them to your resources folder on your computer. You will then be able to access them through the resource browser.

Hope this helps!

Martha