|

Items Locked on Pages

As I am editing some flipcharts, everything I add to the page is now locked, almost like it is being put in a background layer.   They do not show they are locked or in background in the objects browser, but I can not do anything to them unless I am in design mode.  When I am in presentation mode, I can not move any objects at all.  Does this have something to do with a recent update?  I need to be able to move some items around in presentation mode while keeping some items locked. I have created hundreds of flipcharts and have never had this problem before.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi suprhunt,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Are you able to attach a flipchart that you have been working on so we could take a look at?
    Please let us know what you are trying to move when in presentation mode.

Thanks
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • After writing my reply, I have not been able to attach any flipchart, I get a message that says file not allowed.  Is there another way I could send to you.  Here is a pic of the flipchart I was trying to attach from my desktop.

Here is a flipchart that I have used for years, but update it every year. There were several places I could not add anything and move it around, but specifically on page 12, there is nothing locked on the page.  I added the white rectangle and wanted to lock everything except the rectangle so I could move it to reveal the answer, but the rectangle will only move in design mode.

Thanks for helping.
  • Hi suprhunt,

Thank you for your reply.

Please could you upload to the below link and let us know once you have done this?
    https://goo.gl/ZaCruk   

Please can you let us know what version of ActivInspire is being used? This can be checked by clicking on Help>About (Windows OS) or ActivInspire>About ActivInspire (Mac OS).

Thanks,
    Adam
  • I just upload Flipchart 1.12 to the link you provided.

Thanks,
    Susan
  • Hello suprhunt

Thank you for the flipchart. 

I have had a look at it and on some pages, the objects move around without issue. The page with the doors works without issue but page 3 won't move at all. 

Can I ask if the issue persists if you create a new flipchart? 

I have removed page 3 and everything else seems to work, can you please do the same just in case it's an issue with this page or the whole flipchart. 

Thank you,

Craig 
  • Yes, on most of the pages everything works perfectly.  Those are the pages that I have created in the past.  Everything on page 3 was locked because I locked them all in the past, I knew those objects were locked. Deleting page 3 did not fix the problem on page 12. Specifically on page 12, I added the white rectangle.  I do not have it locked, but it will not move.  It will only move when I am in design mode.  I need the rectangle to move when the flipchart is in presentation mode.   This is happening on every flipchart that I create.  I made a text flipchart with text and a yellow rectangle.  The items are not locked and they will not move in presentation mode, they should be able to be moved if I do not have them locked.  I tried to attach test flipchart, but it was not allowed.

Susan
  • Hi suprhunt,

Thanks for your reply.

I've had a look at this flipchart and can see that these objects are not locked which is quite odd.
    Please ensure that you are using the latest version of ActivInspire. You can update by clicking on Help>Check for updates (Windows OS) or ActivInspire>Check for Updates (Mac OS).

On Page 12, I removed your white rectangle by deleting this from the object browser and then placed a new rectangle and this appears to be able to be movable around the flipchart page.

If you need to upload any files please use the link below:
    https://goo.gl/ZaCruk   

Thanks
    Adam

• I continue to have trouble with adding anything new to any flipchart.  I am uploading a test flipchart that I created and I can not move anything. 
  • Yes, that worked.  Thank you!  The flipcharts  that were created with the wrong settings still have objects that did not move, but moving forward the problem is solved.
  • You're welcome :-)
    To "unlock" the existing objects:
    • activate the design mode
    • right click on the "locked" object
    • select "Property Browser"
    • expand the "Restrictors" section 
    • set "Interaction Mode" to "Any"