|

Active Inspire shuts down

Hello,
            We have a problem on a teachers pc, when they click on the icon Active Inspire starts to load then shuts down completely. We are running windows 10.

Comments

• The first thing we would check in this situation would be to ensure that Flash and Java are up to date on the computer in question.  Their latest versions can eb downloaded from the below pages:

If this has no effect ActivInspire's ability to open, create a new Administrative account on the computer with Windows' default permissions in place, log in with that user, and attempt to open the software then.  If the software opens with that newly-created user, we would recommend reviewing the permissions on that account or its other settings that may be in place.

If that also has no effect on the software, we would suggest manually deleting the files and folders used by ActivInspire, then re-installing the software.

Before starting this process, please ensure that you have the Activation Key for the software accessible; this process may involve deleting the license file from the computer and we will not be able to recover that information for you if that is deleted.  In Windows 7, 8, and 10, the information can be found in a hidden file called inspire_license.xml located in C:\ProgramData\Promethean\ActivInspire.

After retrieving the license information from the above file, go to these locations and delete these files/folders if they exist:

• C:\Users\%username%\My Documents\Activ Software\ActivInspire\My Resources\My Profiles (N.B. If you have custom made profiles which you wish to use again, copy and paste these files into a different location before deleting them).

• C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Promethean\ActivInspire

• C:\Program Files\Activ Software\Inspire

• C:\Users\Public\Documents\Activ Software\Inspire

• C:\ProgramData\Activ Software\Inspire

• C:\ProgramData\Promethean and delete the Activinspire.ini file

• C:\ProgramData\Promethean\ActivInspire

• Go to C:\Windows\Temp and delete all of the content. Hold down the Windows key and R, type %temp%, and click OK. Select all the contents of this folder and delete them. Skip any items that cannot be deleted.

• Click Start, select Run and type regedit - Back up your registry: From the Registry Editor menu, choose File and then Export.

• Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Activ Software\Inspire\App and delete this directory.

Restart the computer then delete all files from C:\Windows\Temp once more to ensure that any files previously in use have been deleted.

Download the up-to-date ActivInspire installer from this page on Promethean Support, and install the ActivInspire software using that file.

• VladVlad Posts: 2
    I can't start the discussion, so write here. My Active Manager shuts down when trying to switch pen mode 
  • Hi Vlad,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Please can you confirm which version of the ActivDriver is installed? Please ensure that you are using the latest version which is current 5.16.7.

Please could you also try to uninstall your current ActivDriver, restart your computer and install the latest ActivDriver, please let us know if this works.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support