|

Software Update Error

I recently tried to update software on a Promethean ActivPanel powered by ActivConnect G-Series. Now a black pop-up box that says

System start update

Checking update file exists...
Update file successfully
MD5 is verifying files...
MD5 is verifying files faile (in red)

The box is frozen - can't move or delete it.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,967 admin
    Hi EllenBK,

The ActivConnect G series update may fail due to a disturbance in the download process. A bad internet connection can also cause this. Are you connecting directly with an Ethernet cord or Wirelessly?

If wirelessly, please try a different wireless connection, using an Ethernet connection, or repeat this process a couple of times. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • EllenBKEllenBK Posts: 5
    It was done on wifi - we don't have Ethernet available. Problem with trying again is that the error box takes up most of the screen so I can't get to icons under it. 
  • Hi EllenBK,

Can you move that box at all? Or scroll down?
    Please send us a screenshot/photo of the box so we can advise you further.

Thank you

Miguel
    I can't move the box at all. Can scroll a little bit around the edges, but never enough to see everything.
    Hi EllenBK,

Thanks for posting your error.

Does this happen each time you try to run the update for the ActivConnect G-series?
    If you turn your ActivConnect G-series off from the mains, or removing the power you will be able to turn it off and reset this.

You usually get this error when a connection is lost during the upgrade process.
    If you try turning your phone in to a WIFI hotspot and try to get the ActivConnect G-series to connect to this and try the upgrade does it work?
    Please note that the upgrade files are approximately 500mb.
    Alternatively, if you can connect an ethernet please try this first as this will be a more stable connection.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    I've turned the board off and unplugged it several times, and the box is still stuck. Will see if I can arrange a hotspot connection. Thanks.
    Hi EllenBK,

Thanks for your reply.

Fingers crossed this works for you.
    Just be careful on the data allowance for the downloads if you are restricted on any data tariffs you may be on when using a WIFI hotspot. However this should help indicate if you have a wifi issue dropping out/unreliable connection.

Thanks
    Adam
    Thanks for your help. I unplugged the board for a longer time and the error box went away. Have not tried updating the software again because the wireless connection does seem inconsistent. Will eventually try via a hotspot connection.
  • wtsteedwtsteed Posts: 2
    Having same problem. Turned off wifi and connected ethernet. still get "MD5 is verifying files faile".
  • Hello Wtsteed,

We apologize for the inconvenience, it does appear that the online update is down currently. Our teams have been made aware of the issue and are actively working toward a resolution.

In the interim you will still be able to update your device using an offline update. Please see the articles below for the offline update for your device.

ActivConnect OPS-G: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1660

ActivConnect G-Series: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1651

Kind regards,
    Martha
    Promethean Technical Support.