|

Password protected?

I have downloaded the resource pack to my computer. When I click on it to add to My Resources in Activinspire I keep getting a box that asks for a password. This never happened in the past. What is the password? Why can't I add resource packs like I used to?

Best Answer

• ssbssb Posts: 3
    Accepted Answer

Adam,

Just got your reply. Thanks. It was as simple as not unzipping the folder. Appreciate your help. My teachers work with the Special Education population and they love using ActivInspire!!

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,986 admin
    Hi ssb,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

ActivInspire doesn't require you to enter any passwords for trying to import the resources.
    Where have you downloaded these file from?

You can download the ActivInspire resource pack from the link below:
    http://activinspire.s3.amazonaws.com/resource_pack/ActivInspire_main_res_v1.1_ENU.as4a

If you need any further help please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• ssbssb Posts: 3

Adam

Thank you for your quick reply. I downloaded the folder of resources again from the link you sent. When I try to unzip the folder I get the "Password" box .  See above. 

Hi ssb,

You don't unzip the file you need to import this into ActivInspire.

Once your Resource Pack has downloaded, open ActivInspire’s File menu and select Import. You can choose whether you would like to import this file to My Resources or Shared Resources.

User-added image    User-added image

Browse to the Resource Pack, select it and click Open.

User-added image

The resources will be imported and indexed.

User-added imageUser-added image

Once complete, the resources can be found in the Resource Browser in the Subjects folder.

User-added image

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Adam

Hi ssb,

Thanks for letting us know this helped.

Glad to hear that the teachers love using ActivInspire, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind regards
    Adam
  • MoroMoro Posts: 1
    Thank you sirs for your help... I've faced the same problem here as the downloaded file has the extension zip instead of as4a. I tried hard to unzip it but in vane. also I tried the steps of importing the resources pack mentioned on this page but I can't find the file when I browsed for the pack. Finally, I reached the solution for this problem; I changed the extension of the file from zip to as4a and guess what!!! It worked. 
  • vhallvhall Posts: 1
    Hi, I've tried to download and import the resource file. However when I browse my files to import them, they don't show up? Almost as if they don't see the zip file. I would appreciate some advice on how to do this as the resources are so useful! Thank you in advance. 

• Hi vhall,

Did you choose My or Shared resources when importing the resources into ActivInspire (File>Import)?

This would then need to be chosen in the Resource Browser, you'll have 2 icons to choose from, check that this is correct.
    I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam