|

Freeze function on Promethean Board is wildly inconsistent

I've had a Promethean Board in my classroom for the last few years.  Up until this year it's worked out very well.  When school started this year, there was a brand new Dell computer on my desk with Windows 10.  The previous Dell was older and had Windows 7 on it.

For some reason, the freeze function is giving me a lot of problems.  I use it to display information such as homework, classwork, and various announcements.  Prior to the upgrades, I could keep the info up for an indefinite period time.

Now, I'm having issues where the freeze function will suddenly click off and revert to the screen I'm working on (usually gradebook).  Sometimes the screen will stay frozen for 30 minutes.  Sometimes it stays frozen for 30 seconds.  The remote is not near me, so the change isn't be my doing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,325 admin
    Hi gerasco,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the issue raised, please could you let us know the model of the projector you are using?

I suspect this could be relating to the graphics card/video cable you are using.

If the projector stops receiving an input this could stop the freeze potentially, is this something thats only happening when you are using that application?
    Do you use any cable extensions or adapters for your HDMI/VGA cable? If so, bypass this and connect directly from your computer to the projector and see if you have any issues.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support