|

Auto switch off when no siginal

Hi,

Is it possible to set an ActivPanel to switch off automatically in the event of a no signal?

Teachers are leaving the boards on overnight and once the connected PC goes into stand by, the screen remains on displaying a "no signal" message.

I had a look in the menu and there does not appear to be any setting to enable auto-switch off. It would be a useful feature if we could set the board to switch off after say 30 minutes of no signal input.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Model # APT2-65
  • Thank-you Jarrad this has resolved our issue.
  • Hi, I just got my AP4-70 panel and when there is no signal it shuts off after about 7 minutes.  Is there anything I can do?
  • Hi MsHalper,

This is the correct behavior of the ActivPanel if it is receiving a No Signal message. 
    This will then shut off as an energy saving feature, after an hour the ActivPanel will turn off.

If you don't wish for this to shut off, ensure a source is connected or turn the ActivPanel off until you are ready to use this again.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• nigelhnigelh Posts: 3
    We are a large High School, and have a few ActivPanels. And yes, they all burn power 24/7 if not switched off.
    I'd like them to sleep when there's no input, so seems like a firmware update is required.
    How do you find the model number etc?
    Thanks.
  • Hi nigelh,

Thanks for posting.

You can identify your ActivPanel product code (and serial number, although we don't need this on a public forum) by following the steps on the below article:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1088

How are the ActivPanels being left at the end of each day so far?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Number
    edited on October 25 2017
    Found out they are APT2-55.

Downloaded the latest Activmanager and tried to upgrade, but get a message:

• Hi nigelh,

Thanks for providing this information.

Whilst this method of upgrading the firmware is still applicable to your ActivPanel, there are also 2 different types of firmware, one for the touch sensors (this is done through ActivManager) and one for the ActivPanel itself (performed by a USB stick).

How are you leaving the ActivPanels at the end of the day, as this should automatically be turned off after an hour of receiving No Signal. So if you turn your computer off at the end of each school day but leave the ActivPanel on, this should then after 5 minutes to into a standby mode, followed by after an hour to go off completely. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
    edited on October 26 2017
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for that - they are generally left with any connected equipment shut down or in sleep mode, and the NO SIGNAL screensaver is in effect.

I must admit I just assumed they stayed on 24/7 as I see them in this state many times a day.

But if they enter sleep mode after an hour that should be fine.

Thanks,
    Nigel