|

ActivPanel writing problem

We have two problems with writing on the ActivPanel V5.

Our configuration is
- ActivPanel V5 86", latest Firmware
- ActivInspire v2.10
- ActivDriver 5.16.7
- Notebook with Windows 10 Pro connected to HDMI/USB-Touch 2

When I write fast (in block capitals that consist of many short lines) with the stylus on the ActivPanel some of the lines (5-10%) are ignored by the panel and I have to write them a second time. 
This occurs only with the stylus not when writing with the finger! Do I have to make any settings in ActivInspire/ActivDriver to avoid this problem with the stylus?

When a fly lands on the display, the ActivPanel notices this and writes a point (when the pen tool is activated). As long as the fly stays on the display I can't use the sylus. Can I configure the ActivPanel to ignore flies?

Answers

• Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 507 mod
    edited on October 10 2017
    Can you confirm the firmware version listed with that Panel in the ActivManager for us?
    There may be an upgrade available which may help with the writing issue.

There is not a setting on the panel which can adjust the sensitivity of the inputs it accepts.
  • The firmware version on all ActivPanels is AP5-P_v1.0.0005 (shown in the settings of the Panel, not ActivManager)

Except one Panel with version AP5-P_v1.0.0006. I've got this version from the support to test another problem.
    The teacher now told me, the problem with the ignored lines is on this Panel significantly better, even if it is not perfect. 
    Is this the version you are referring to?
  • The version I was referring to was the firmware version listed in the ActivManager, which generally would have more effect on the Panel's touch interaction.

Article 1160 from our Support Page would describe the steps to take in updating/re-flashing that firmware, which may help with this behavior.
  • Ok, sorry, the firmware version is 3521. Is there a new one?
  • Hi dogcatmouse,

Thanks for letting us know this information.

I've done some testing here using the versions you have provided and I can replicate this issue.
    Upon testing different settings and applications this appears to be an issue within ActivInspire.

I will pass this on to the ActivInspire development team for future consideration.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Ok, thank you :)
  • arslanguralarslangural Posts: 3
    edited on October 12 2017
    hello avtiveboard touch 6 88 "I have the smart board mistakenly installed 78" How can I fix it
  • hello activboard touch 6 88 "smart board I have installed by mistake 78" how can i fix it
  • Hi arslangural,

If you have applied the incorrect size firmware for the ActivBoard, please contact Promethean Technical Support over the phone and provide your serial number for further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • arslanguralarslangural Posts: 3
    edited on October 12 2017
    I e-mailed technical support but did not return.
    my device's serial number **Removed by Promethean** .
    Could you help.
  • Hi arslangural,

I've removed your serial number as this should be kept private.
    I've seen your email in the queue to be dealt with and will contact you soon.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Hi dogcatmouse

After much testing in our office, it would appear that you need to increase the double click speed on your computer.
    Doing this means that the letters are then formed correctly. 

Thanks,
    Maggie

• Thank you for your answer, Maggie.
    Since we have now two weeks of autumn break I'll test this afterwards.
    In any case I'll provide feedback.