|

Does macOS High Sierra work with Active Inspire?

The reason why I ask this question is because in the past we had difficulties with macOS Sierra not being able to sync up with Active Driver on most of our MacBooks that were using Sierra. The only real fix for this was to make sure Active Inspire was up to date along with the Active Driver. We also noticed that doing a firmware update to the board seemed to fix the issue as well and seemed like the legit fix for this issue. 

Answers

• I'm interested also in knowing if ActivInspire will work with High Sierra?  Please keep up posted of any updates.
  • Hi henriksencflaming,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Upon initial testing there doesn't appear to be any issues with ActivInspire running on Mac Os High Sierra however we do not officially support ActivInspire (or the ActivDriver) on Mac OS 10.13 currently.

Once a supported version is released we will announce this on the Support Community.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • In my experience, it doesn't work. The Activ Bord is not found or recognise.
  • If that's true, is there a newer firmware update that needs to be done on each of the boards? 
  • No support for macOS High Sierra has been announced at this time.

If a given piece of Promethean hardware is not working properly with a computer running High Sierra, we would advise testing that hardware with a computer running a supported operating system (macOS 10.9-10.12.5, Windows 7, 8, or 10) to verify that the issue taking place is with the hardware and not as a result of use with an unsupported operating system.  If the issue persists when used with that supported OS, please reach out to us so we can troubleshoot that issue.
  • That's fine but I guarantee like similar issues we had with Sierra in the past we found out that it worked fine on a PC device whether that was Windows 7 or 10 but it didn't work well on a MacBook unless you did an upgrade on the firmware for the board. I don't want to run into similar issues with High Sierra. Also, I don't mind testing and troubleshooting on our end but isn't that what you guys are supposed to do especially to see if it works properly (test - Active Inspire software) on all operating systems? 
  • Hi henriksen,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are experiencing any particular issues with Mac OS High Sierra, please can you let us know what these exactly are, including if you experience this when using ActivInspire on any Promethean hardware including the firmware and driver versions you are using?

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • We have had this issue in the past with Activ Inspire not working with the latest Mac OS versions.  Mac puts their OS software out in beta format for quite some time before they release it.  Does Promethean not know this?  They could be testing their software out before the new Mac OS is released to the general public.
  • Hi bgrtech,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

The developers are aware of the beta that is released however this is usually not the final build to any operating system release as such this needs to be tested for the released build of Mac OS. 

Once a supported version of ActivInspire is released for Mac OS High Sierra we will let you know.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Adam,

Will the new version of ActivInspire run in dual monitor mode? I cannot handle having the board be my main screen as notifications pop up on that screen instead of my Mac. This used to be a perfectly functional feature of ActivInspire in the past.
  • Hi Gwen Arvizo,

Thank you for posting.

This would be in relation to the ActivDriver rather than ActivInspire software. Currently the ActivDriver is not supported in extended desktop.
    We will add your request to the development team ticket to review for consideration for future release.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • pe8artpe8art Posts: 1
    Dear Adam. 

I can confirm that a promethean activboard prm-ab2-01 Does not work with MAC Sierra.
    It is not recognised in the actiemanager driver.
    We have tested the board with a windows 7 computer which works fine.

Best regards

Bart
  • pe8art - I had the same issue with Mac Sierra and the only fix was doing a firmware update on the board. Promethean provided that to me and all was good again. Hopefully you get the same results. 
  • Hi pe8art,

Thanks for posting.

Are you using Sierra or High Sierra? 
    If using Sierra this should be correctly working with your model of ActivBoard. 
    Have you tried to update the ActivDriver on the Mac? 

Firmware information can be found on the link below for your model that you have provided, you will need to use the Windows computer that works with the ActivBoard to upgrade the firmware.

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1391

Kind regards,
    Adam