|

Viso - Wrong Authentication Token after reboot

We do not use Viso, however I was having a user troubleshoot some freezing of the ActivConnect-G and after a reboot she received a error message stating that Viso has the "Wrong Authentication Token."  Is this normal?  Something to be concerned about?  Cause of freezing?

Answers

• Hi IT_Guy,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

I've not seen this error before, is this appearing each time the ActivConnect G-series is starting up?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • IT_GuyIT_Guy Posts: 19
    Truthfully the teachers rarely reboot so I'm not 100% sure.  I have one of the users who just signed up to this forum and she plans on adding on to this conversation.
  • I also got this error after a restart from updating from v1.0.20 to v1.0.21 when the update was done as another user that wasn't the owner's profile.
  • Hi iheller,
    Thanks for posting, can you help to provide a photo of this error message?

Does this happen when the ActivConnect is turned off and then back on?

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Yes, it does
  • Hi iheller,

Can you help to provide a screenshot of the error message?
    Do you use the VISO application with your ActivConnect G-series at all?

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • This is our first activboard but the district is investing in putting them in every space so I am testing them before that happens so we aren't using the app now.  However we shouldn't be getting errors when the owner uses the board after an update would be preferable.  This only shows up in the owner profile.
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting a photo of this error message.
    This appears to be some form of error based on the VISO application and their authentication server generating a token (even though the application may not be in use).

As a work around, long pressing on the notification and selecting block all notifications should stop this from happening again.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam