|

Screen locked

I have had a Promethean touch screen in my classroom for a couple of months now and have not had any problems using it. But...yesterday when I turned it on after the weekend, the screen looked totally different.  In the top left corner it says "no SIM card" and the entire screen looks more like a cell phone screen rather than a notebook/computer screen. Also, it is all of a sudden asking for a locked screen code. I have never seen this before, nor was I given a code to unlock. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,820 admin
    Hi dcormier,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community, this sounds like the ActivConnect G-series has had a software update although there would be no way to go around the screen lock if you didn't know the code.
    I will send you an email directly with instructions on how to reset the ActivConnect G-series so that you can log back in.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • brendakerrybrendakerry Posts: 4
    Hi 
    Our screen is locked and we cannot swipe  up to unlock it. It says no signal om the top left hand corner - we can access the panel through the computer but not the android section.
    Thanks 

• Hi brendakerry,

Thank you for that information. When you try to swipe up, does it bounce back down or ask you for a password/pin?

If it bounces back down, you may not have swiped far enough up. 
    If it is asking for a pin and you do not know it, if you swipe down from top and click on the user icon, are you able to select a different user or even add a new user? If this is not possible, you will need to reset your device. 

I will send you an email directly with instructions on how to reset the ActivConnect G-series in the event you are unable to log in.

Thank you,
    Maggie
    Promethean Technical Support.

• bholmesbholmes Posts: 1
    edited on February 8 2018
    I'm getting the no sim card message on our promethean, screen appears to be locked, swiping up only brings up the settings screen for a few seconds. 
  • Hi bholmes,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Are you presented with the password/pin screen if you swipe up from the bottom?

Many thanks
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support