|

Screen locked

I have had a Promethean touch screen in my classroom for a couple of months now and have not had any problems using it. But...yesterday when I turned it on after the weekend, the screen looked totally different.  In the top left corner it says "no SIM card" and the entire screen looks more like a cell phone screen rather than a notebook/computer screen. Also, it is all of a sudden asking for a locked screen code. I have never seen this before, nor was I given a code to unlock. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,967 admin
    Hi dcormier,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community, this sounds like the ActivConnect G-series has had a software update although there would be no way to go around the screen lock if you didn't know the code.
    I will send you an email directly with instructions on how to reset the ActivConnect G-series so that you can log back in.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • brendakerrybrendakerry Posts: 4
    Hi 
    Our screen is locked and we cannot swipe  up to unlock it. It says no signal om the top left hand corner - we can access the panel through the computer but not the android section.
    Thanks 

• Hi brendakerry,

Thank you for that information. When you try to swipe up, does it bounce back down or ask you for a password/pin?

If it bounces back down, you may not have swiped far enough up. 
    If it is asking for a pin and you do not know it, if you swipe down from top and click on the user icon, are you able to select a different user or even add a new user? If this is not possible, you will need to reset your device. 

I will send you an email directly with instructions on how to reset the ActivConnect G-series in the event you are unable to log in.

Thank you,
    Maggie
    Promethean Technical Support.

• bholmesbholmes Posts: 1
    edited on February 8 2018
    I'm getting the no sim card message on our promethean, screen appears to be locked, swiping up only brings up the settings screen for a few seconds. 
  • Hi bholmes,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Are you presented with the password/pin screen if you swipe up from the bottom?

Many thanks
    Adam
  • evadosilevadosil Posts: 1
    Hello I am also getting no sims card and the screen in frozen so I am not able to even swipe up. Not asking for password or pin. Please advise on how to follow up.
    Thanks
    Eva

• Hi Eva,

Make sure the USB cable that is plugged into the Activconnect is plugged into USB and USB OTG port.  Try a different USB cable to see if you can swipe up on the ActivConnect. Try a different USB touch port on the ActivPanel.

Thank you,
    Pam
  • stroudcstroudc Posts: 3
    My board will not let me pull up the lock screen to put in the pin. I have checked all wires and factory reset the board but nothing has worked. Help, please!

Thanks!
    Christie
  • @stroudc

Even if you are not able to swipe up, does a dot appear at the location where your finger touched the display?

If the ActivConnect G device is in use with one of our recent model ActivPanels (v4.5 and above), are you able to operate the menus on that panel using touch input?

Into which USB port on the ActivConnect G device is the USB cable from the Panel connected?  this should be the USB port and not the USB-OTG port.
    No a dot doesn't appear. And yes I can operate the menus by touch screen. The USB is in the USB port not the USB-OTG. 
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,967 admin
    Hi stroudc,

Thanks for letting us know, can you ensure that the Touch Lock button has not been pressed and ensure that this is set to Touch On?
    Does the ActivPanel work correctly if you connect a computer/laptop to this? 

Kind regards,
    Adam
    The touch button is on. It doesn't seem to work with a computer. 
  • If a computer connected to this Panel is also not responding to Touch input made on that Panel's surface, then there may be an issue with that Panel instead of the ActivConnect G device in use.

We will reach out to you, @stroudc, using the e-mail address associated with your account to troubleshoot this issue further.
  • mavs10mavs10 Posts: 1
    I have had a Promethean touch screen in my classroom for a couple of months now and have not had any problems using it. But... when I turned it on after the weekend, the screen looked totally different.  In the top left corner it says "no SIM card" and the entire screen looks more like a cell phone screen rather than a notebook/computer screen. Also, it is all of a sudden asking for a locked screen code. I have never seen this before, nor was I given a code to unlock. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 642 mod
    edited on May 24 2018
    In cases where a PIN/password was either set and forgotten or when a PIN/password entry is asked for despite not being set up on that device, a reset of the device's data is necessary.

To carry out this reset on an ActivConnect G device, please go through the below steps:

1. With the unit powered off connect the USB keyboard (given touch is NOT required, the keyboard can be connected to the USB port) and an HDMI cable to a monitor or ActivPanel.
    2. Using a paperclip (or similar) press the recessed Reset switch which is between the HDMI and Ethernet ports on the unit.
    3. Whilst keeping the reset button pressed, plug in the power. Keep the reset button pressed for 10 seconds then release.
    4. The device should now boot into a system menu. Using the keyboard's Up and Down arrow keys and the Return/Enter key, select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.
    5. Select Yes on the next screen.
    6. The device will return to the initial system menu - select 'Reboot system now'.
    7. The device will now reboot and should be reset to original factory settings.