|

Board acts as it is "frozen"

We have a brand new portable Promethean Activpanel.  We used it yesterday in my classroom and today when I went to use it, it is acting as though it is frozen. The website we were on yesterday appears and it will not let me click off of it to go to the home screen or anything.  What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Brittany Craney-Garrison

Answers

• I had the same issue. I unplugged it and dow that it is up and running, but I can only mirror. The home board no longer has the house and the white board. Not sure how to fix that???
  • Hi bcraney,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the issue you are experiencing, if you disconnect the power to the ActivConnect G-series and reconnect, this should power cycle the ActivConnect G-series and start to work. 
    Please let us know if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• Hi juliewood89,

When on the Homescreen of the ActivConnect G-series, press on the circle with the 4 squares on the lower left.
    Go to Settings and then select ActivConnect- Tools, this should now bring up the widget to allow you load instant whiteboard and the other applications. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • aburgeaburge Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue as juliewood89.  The board was working fine for a video and slideshow presentation.  I stopped airplay from my macbook but the last screen image is frozen on the promethan board.  I turned off, unplugged, etc, but image is still frozen, it is not responding to touch, and there is no circle/lines to go to home screen or any other choices.  When I use a dongle, the board instantly recognizes the change and my macbook image appears on the board.  As soon as I disconnect the dongle, the board once again displays the frozen slide form my presentation.
  • I am having the exact problem.  My board was just installed Monday.  I downloaded an app today, played one game on the app, and when we switched to another game within the same app, the board froze.  I have tried all the above suggestions, and it is still frozen and does not respond to touch.  There is no availability to return to the home screen.  Please advise. 
  • Hi MsHolsten,aburge,

With regard to this issue, could you advise on the exact steps that you are doing including which applications you are experiencing this on? 
    Please could you also confirm the model number of the ActivPanel (not serial number) and which HDMI and Touch USB port is being used for the ActivConnect G-series.

Many thanks,
    Adam

• We are having the same issue also.

We are casting and trying to get out of casting.  The 3 lines circle button becomes inactive.

Please advise.  Resetting the ActiveG is not practical every time.

• Hi Mrs_Morgan09,

If you swipe up so that you have the android taskbar appear, do any of these icons show and work with your finger? If so, you can click on the square icon and swipe on the application that has frozen and remove this.

I hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Adam