|

Release Notes for ActivInspire v2.11.66910 (released 31 October 2017)

Functionality Changes 

• Remove Java 6 as a dependency for ActivInspire 
  • In the Settings, increase the size of the resolution slider to be 32 by default for new users 

Bug Fixes

• Camera and colour picker tools not working on Mac Retina displays 
  • Flipchart World colour does not change without a restart  
  • Dual User not working properly on an ActivPanel 5 
  • Self-paced questions repeating when between 60-200 students are connected 
  • No Dual User option on 2nd Generation ActivBoard with ActivArena firmware installed 
  • Page Zoom with Pen is greyed out 
  • Promethean Wacom pen inputs do not draw correctly

Comments

• E. H.E. H. Posts: 13
    Finally full support for Wacom tablets! 

Thank you!
  • Does this version support Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra?
  • Hi SilverFox,

Currently full official support for High Sierra is not in this version ActivInspire however we have had hardly any reported issues from the public or our internal testing so the while it is still "at your own risk" the risk is minimal, unless an update is released that breaks it of course!

I believe that the next release of ActivInspire will include full support for High Sierra.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support
  • Thanks for the response. Given how critical ActivInspire is for my classroom, I will probably wait until it's fully supported to upgrade to High Sierra, even though the risk is low.
  • Hey do you guys know that you seem to have broken the drag and drop image insert functionality on Mac OS Sierra with the latest update?  Using the Insert menu still works, but is more cumbersome.  If I drag an image in, I get a grey box with drag handles around it (see screenshot).  If I click on the grey box, I get an error - also screenshotted.

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,668 admin
    edited on November 17 2017
    Hi HelenLascelles,

Thanks for posting.

I have tested this between versions and I can confirm that if you are drag and dropping a photo from your desktop on the Mac will not copy across into the flipchart correctly.
    This issue was not apparent in ActivInspire 2.10. 
    You can still drag and drop images from web browsers or the method that you have suggested or if you copy and paste this file this will work.

We will raise this with our development team to review.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Thank you!! I have just tried the copy and paste and that does work for me so thank you!