|

Pen not working

Hello

I have updated my driver so I have the lastest one my cables are fine, but still the pen will not work, the active manager has a red x on it, but I have the latest everything, what is the next thing to do please, constant problems with the pen.

Answers

• Hi shcssteven,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the issue you are experiencing, can you confirm the model of ActivBoard being used?
    When ActivManager shows the red X this usually relates to a connection issue between the computer and the ActivBoard which could relate to the cabling being used.
    Does your ActivBoard have a LED in the top left corner? If so, what colour is this lit? 
    If you are using any wallboxes or connectivity panels, bypass this and connect directly to the USB port located on the ActivBoard itself. 
    Do other computers with the ActivDriver installed work with this ActivBoard?

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• I am also having trouble with my pen. The light in the top left corner goes red every time the pen touches the board. It is white otherwise. The pen was working and nothing has been changed but it just stopped????
  • Hi pburns,

The red flame on the ActivBoard indicates a connection issue.

With regard to the issue you are experiencing, can you confirm the model of ActivBoard being used?
    Also, can you confirm the version of ActivDriver you have installed on your computer?
    Test another known working pen. 
    If you are using any wallboxes or connectivity panels, bypass this and connect directly to the USB port located on the ActivBoard itself.

Please let us know the above information if a working pen and/or bypassing any extra hardware do not resolve your issue.

Thank you,
    Maggie
  • my pen can not work.I want to buy a new pen or you can help me 
  • Hi skk5608070,

Thanks for posting.

If this is definitely the pen that is faulty, you can contact your Promethean reseller who will be able to help assist with the purchase of replacing the ActivPen.
    Alternatively, try a known working ActivPen and see if the same issue happens.

Kind regards,
    Adam