|

Is there a way to access the content / media files inside a Flipchart through a file browser?

Hi,

I have a Flipchart that contains a video and several images. I would really like to see this content via a file browser so that I can access the original media and save it. Is that possible?

For example, let's say that I want to share a video that is saved in a Flipchart. Assuming I no longer have the original video, is it possible to access the video from within the Flipchart file and save / copy / export it so that I could watch it outside of ActivInspire?

Note, in this case, I am running a Mac on High Sierra (macOS 10.13), although the question could also apply to users on a Windows PC.

Thanks.

Answers

• Using a Windows computer, you can do so.

Article 1562 from our Support Site describes how to access the contents of a flipchart for the purposes of recovering audio, video, and picture objects from a corrupted flipchart to use in other flipcharts.  If this is media you own or have proper licenses for, you can use those steps to retrieve that media for use elsewhere.
  • lhellmichlhellmich Posts: 1
    Is there a way to do this on a mac? 
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,128 admin
    Hi lhellmich,

Thanks for your post.

This isn't possible to do so on a MAC OS.
    We would recommend opening the file on a Windows computer and extracting the files you need from the Temp folders.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support