|

Drag and drop gone?

jmferrelljmferrell Posts: 7
edited on November 16 2017 in Software Solutions
On a Mac, I've always been able to grab thumbnails from a PDF in Preview and drag them straight into an ActivInspire Flipchart. It was a beautiful feature, and a real time saver.

I'm now running Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra) and Inspire 2.11.66910, and that feature no longer works. I have to export pages from Preview as jpegs and drag them in. (I know Inspire will import PDFs directly, but it seems like the quality is always poor.)

Anyone know if this is the result of a change in Inspire, or an incompatibility on Apple's end?

Best Answer

Answers

• Actually, after upgrading to the new Inspire this morning, drag and drop isn't working at all—if I drag a jpeg from the Finder onto a Flipchart page, I get an empty gray square and a cursor with a "play" icon. If I click, I get a message: Unable to open file './file/id=657136...etc. (long number string)'

Help?
  • After our upgrade, we have also discovered that we can no longer drag and drop files into a flipchart (on our Mac), but we can't do it PNG, JPEG or PDF files.  Any clues?
  • I can neither drag and drop a pdf nor import one using the import command. When I d&d it leaves a small gray square that when clicked says "Unable to open File…" When I use import, it deposits a page sized blank document. Finally when I use Insert Media it creates a link to the original file which when clicked on opens the PDF in a Preview for Mac. I have a Macbook Air, running 10.11.6 and Activinspire 2.11.66…
    Please help.

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,709 admin
    edited on November 29 2017
    Hi Bill Lanejmusiljmferrell,

Thanks for posting.

We have raised this issue with our development team to review and look into a fix for this in future releases.

As a work around, rather than drag and dropping you can copy and paste into ActivInspire and this will work.

Should a fix be released which fixes this we will let you know.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Hi Bill Lane,

The issue raised with importing a PDF, I've tested this and this works fine with importing various PDF files.

I suspect it may be the file itself that has an issue, as we have previously seen this reported before but the issue relates to the PDF file.
    What you can do for this is to open the PDF file, copy the content and paste this into another program (that allows to save as PDF) and then resave this as a PDF file it should then work correctly.

Thanks,
    Adam
  • dmorddmord Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem. I used to be able to drag and drop a screen shot on my Mac right into the flipchart. Now when I drag the screen shot to the flipchart I just get a gray box with a play button that doesn't open anything. Very frustrating.
  • Hi dmord,

Thank you for posting.

We are aware of this issue as it is with our developers. We are sending you an email directly to gather a little more information so that we can send your case over to our developers as well.

For now, you should be able to insert the files of your choice by clicking Insert>Media and then selecting the file of your choice. 

Thanks, 
    Maggie