|

High Sierra

Does activ Inspire work with high sierra?  I looked in the forums but didn't see any specific information.

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,955 admin
    Hi Elangland,

We don't yet currently support ActivInspire on High Sierra, however at first test, there doesn't appear to be any issues with ActivInspire being used on High Sierra although we do not recommend that this is installed in case you identify any issues.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• tulldttulldt Posts: 1
    Does activ Inspire work with high sierra?  I looked in the forums but didn't see any specific information. 

• Hi Tulldt,

We don't currently support ActivInspire on High Sierra, though we install ActivInspire on a computer here with High Sierra and have not had any issues.

Thank you,
    Pam
  • Will there be a 64-bit version of ActivInspire released for future support of macOS High Sierra when Apple ends 32-bit support?
  • No announcement has been made regarding this type of support for the ActivInspire software as of this post.

As users make this request for the ActivInspire software, we are bringing them to the attention of our teams here as a suggestion for an enhancement to future versions of the Software.

Any announcements about new releases of our software and any features added or fixed will be posted to the home page of this community or to the home page of our support site when they are released.
  • Ola OlssonOla Olsson Posts: 2
    Although Activinspire runs on my home desktop with High Sierra it is quite sluggish compared to my nine year laptop running El Capitan.
  • Hi Ola,

On your home computer, did you have ActivInspire installed and then update to High Sierra?  Or did you update to High Sierra and then install ActivInspire?

If you had ActivInspire installed first try removing the software.  Follow our steps in our support article https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1646.  After you follow the instructions, install ActivInspire again.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
    Pam
  • Ola OlssonOla Olsson Posts: 2
    Pam, thank you for the reply. ActivInspire was already installed. I will follow the support article steps and let you know what happens.
  • Bill LaneBill Lane Posts: 3
    I would like to request a 64-bit version. I just can't feel the love for Classflow. My fifth graders think it looks "gross" when I try to present on in it rather than Inspire. 
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,955 admin
    Hi Bill Lane,

Thank you for your post.
    We will request this with our software team for future development team.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support